Help with torque converter

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Waited all week for a torque converter to come in so I could be ready for the weekend and it wont slide on the tranny, it has the right amount of splines I even set the tranny up and bumped it with some wood it just wont go, anyone ever have this before or did they send me a bad converter? Is there a fix?

Turn the converter as you you apply inward pressure. You should hear/feel two drops as is slides in. Once in place it should be fairly close to the bell housing, 1/2 inch or so.

Who made the converter? I had a ACC converter do the same thing. Called ACC and had to send it back. They told me it was a defective converter, but they didn't tell me what was wrong. They sent me a another one and all was good.

you need two good clicks before it seats. be patient and slowly turn it while pushing. it will drop in

exactly what Badsport said

Manually put the trans in park also, if you cant get it installed with it standing straight up then theres a problem somewhere and probably spline related.

I agree with the spline related they both have the same amount and it looks like it should go on.

-
Back