Help with UCA Bushing OD

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
Anyone have a new UCA bushing to measure? The ones I have from NAPA are about 1.175 OD and the ID of the UCA holes are about .100 less....?!? That is a pretty serious interference fit, unless the bushign will squeeze down that much. (Their metal IS pretty soft....) I have already ballooned one of the new bushings' ooter shells out trying to just get it started....

Edit to add: BTW this is a'62 Dart...early B body. I just got one started and it crushed in one edge of the bushing outer and started to spead the UCA tube....Pretty sure now that the parts applications data is wrong for this car.

Edit #2: Yep, the '62 Polara (same as the '62 Dart shows) a different PN....grrrrr... the last step before alignment!

The ones I have from NAPA are about 1.175 OD and the ID of the UCA holes are about .100 less

That's the measurement that i get with my bushings.

Haven't a clue about the measurement with your UCA's.:dontknow:

:eek:ops: Thanks very much...the good and bad news is that all this was self inflicted.....I was measuring the snot out of everything, looked it all over real good, saw the problem and and said to self: "You idiot, take out the old bushing shells first"......

-
Back