HELP WITH VACUUM ADVANCE

-

JimMac

Reaction score
I have a distributor that has the number 2875206 on it and also 22 in 2 places. I am trying to replace the vacuum advance which has a number C23 on it. It looks like this number distributor was in many different slant six cars. Can anyone tell me what I am looking for, and where to find it.

Year model at least? Electronic or points? Some of us don't have a factory parts manual shoved up our.....I mean layin around.

That is the problem, I don't know what it came out of. It is points.

Ok. Points is good enough. In the aftermarket, you're only limited to one......possibly two different cans. You may have to hawk eBay for something specific. Lemmie mess around with that number you found a few minutes. brb.

For a 1968 225 CID w/ automatic, and without C.A.P.

The VC173 Standard ignition unit should be fine. It has 6.5* at the distributor which is 13* at the crank. Does yours have a number stamped on the advance arm? They all normally do.

The VC173 Standard ignition unit should be fine. It has 6.5* at the distributor which is 13* at the crank. Does yours have a number stamped on the advance arm? They all normally do.
That matches well with the specs in the FSM. Should have no advance below 5 to 7 inHg. and add 5-7.5 distributor degrees by 13"Hg.

That's 10 crank degrees. The Standard VC173 will work fine.
Thanks all of you. I have found This site to be very helpful many times. In Canada we have trouble finding some parts. I punched up VC 173 and Amazon say they have one only so will see if they ship it tomorrow. If not I will find a U.S. source.

-
Back