Help with wheel choice 15" or 17"

-
Some models can pull it off better then others, going with a larger rim diameter. Cars that have been lowered a bit tend to look better with the larger rims. Personally I like 15"s, but I also like that red Barracuda notchback with 16"s it looks cool.

CB66
That Valiant is SWEET !

The 17's look great on it, but i'm not crazy about the way the wheels/tires look on the red barracuda.

I think it like one of the guys said, it looks good on some cars, but not on others !

I like the way your valiant looks Very Much !

I believe he allready has factory Kelsey Hayes 4 piston setup.

Don't the SSBC and Scarebird have the same 11" diamter rotors as stock KH 4 piston setup? I'm pretty sure they do, so I don't consider them much of an upgrade from factory.

The Willwood would be interesting to see if you can fit a 12" rotor with inproved calipers on the same hub that fits SBP.

I think some of the Willwood Mopar hubs are setup to take Small and Big bolt pattern. Don't know if this same hub can be used for 12" or bigger disk setups.

I gave you 4 options to upgrade to disk brakes and still retain your small bolt pattern and yes the willwood and SSBC hubs are both 5X4 and 5X4.5 but if you think up grading to disk brakes is not much of an upgrade you havent driven a drum brake car in a very long while

Well I may be taking this a little too much to heart

Yes, you are.

Since you mentioned my "rubber band" tire comment twice, I'll assume you were talking to me. You failed to quote me when I said that they were probably more popular with the younger guys, and that you should use whatever you like.

Nobody was personally picking on you or your car. I think you have a beautiful Valiant, but I don't care for the wheels and tires. You obviously like the no sidewall look. How do they ride?!?

To quote you from this thread...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1110182#post1110182

"This is my daily driver. Good gas mileage, but the ride sucks."

civic1.jpg

Oh "T"...

First thing, I didn't think anyone was personally attacking me or my car.

Secondly, everyone is allowed there opinion obviously. To answer your question the car actually rides as good or better with the 17"s than the outdated look of the rallyes with 75 series in front and 60 series in rear, as long as I avoid the potholes.

As for the Honda, "ride sucks", and I think anyone that has had a vehicle lowered by any significant amount, knows that the 2" lowering springs are what makes the ride suck. Stiff ride. Potholes suck too.

Thanks to everyone for there comments.

cb66

Cool looking ride cb66, I to agree with the Hot Wheels comment. I was at a cruise in this year and someone said it looks to Hot Wheels'ish. I told him thank you. He asked my why didn't I return it to stock. I said holy **** why didn't I think of that.. Green 69 slant 6 car's are extremly rare factory builds, Im sure I could sell it at Barret Jackson and retire early.

To each there own on wheels and paint. I prefer to stray away from the norm in paint and wheels. I am fine with people expressing there opions but when people question me why I did this instead of the norm, gets under my skin.

Also I hate hearing , You hurt the value of that car painting it black and adding the wheels, You would get more out it in stock condition. If I never plan on selling my car why should I even care how much its worth..

Just my opionion.

328pics017.jpg

Amen!. Couldn't have said it better myself 5258. Maybe i should have put the 13" steelies and hubcaps on it. That would have added alot of value.

There is no set value. It would only be worth, what someone is willing to pay for it.

my car rides great with 17s. that valiant looks good too.

...You hurt the value of that car painting it black and adding the wheels, You would get more out it in stock condition...

328pics017.jpg

Personally, I would give more for your car now (if I had money, and if you were selling 8) ) than I would if it was still a green slant 6 car with 13" wheels. It already has a bunch of the mods I would do, so it would save me money in the end.

Cool looking ride cb66, I to agree with the Hot Wheels comment. I was at a cruise in this year and someone said it looks to Hot Wheels'ish. I told him thank you. He asked my why didn't I return it to stock. I said holy **** why didn't I think of that.. Green 69 slant 6 car's are extremly rare factory builds, Im sure I could sell it at Barret Jackson and retire early.

To each there own on wheels and paint. I prefer to stray away from the norm in paint and wheels. I am fine with people expressing there opions but when people question me why I did this instead of the norm, gets under my skin.

Also I hate hearing , You hurt the value of that car painting it black and adding the wheels, You would get more out it in stock condition. If I never plan on selling my car why should I even care how much its worth..

Just my opionion.

328pics017.jpg

I like the black! it looks good, not so crazy about the wheels I just prefer a bit less rim and a bit more tire, makes it easier to see the raised white letters, arguing about 14" 15" 16" 17" 18" wheels is as silly as arguing about 225, 273, 318, 340, 360, I bet you think your car would look as bad with my 14" rally wheels as I think my car would look with your 17" chrome wheels, the important thing is YOU like the way your car looks and I like the way my car looks

Just my opionion.

328pics017.jpg
That's a beautiful car, but the rims make it look like crap. No offense, just MHO

Well then /6 Matt. Those dirty 15in Cragers make your car look like crap.. No offense just MHO.

I dig both looks, I just think you need to fill up the wheel well, little tires with all kinds of space around them just don't look that good. I love fat steelies with beefy rubber and I like a tall rim with a fat tire, I'm not to caught up in tire height, just as long as it complements the car.

How many guys pissing and talking ish about big wheels drive a new car with 17, 18 or even a new ram with 20" wheels, I dont see them pulling the wheels off and putting 15" wagon wheels on them......... Wheels are the easiest change you can make to personalize your car. Put on what you like and tell anyone who has something to say to write the check bring there own wheels and take it home!

How many guys pissing and talking ish about big wheels drive a new car with 17, 18 or even a new ram with 20" wheels, I dont see them pulling the wheels off and putting 15" wagon wheels on them......... Wheels are the easiest change you can make to personalize your car. Put on what you like and tell anyone who has something to say to write the check bring there own wheels and take it home!

Well to be honest the OP asked our opinions and that's what he got. Not every one is going to agree and that's okay. I like big wheels on some cars and trucks and not on others but hey that's my opinion take it for what it's worth.

I 100% agree with you M-LVR it just erks me when people start saying its "stupid" and things like that it shows a certain level of ignorance to me. Everyone has there own taste thats why there are 1 of 1 cars and thousands of choices.

I dig both looks, I just think you need to fill up the wheel well, little tires with all kinds of space around them just don't look that good. I love fat steelies with beefy rubber and I like a tall rim with a fat tire, I'm not to caught up in tire height, just as long as it looks good.

I agree 100%

I hate all wheels and think they look stupid, I'm going to put tracks on my '63 and sell my brand new 17's.

skis would be cool. what it really comes down too, there are a bunch of people here that are just too affraid to try different things. start bashing for using methods other than what is specified in the fsm. start bashing for using other brand parts on your mopar... its your car build it how you want. if they rolled off the line as the perfect automobile for everyone, they would still be making them today.

what it really comes down too, there are a bunch of people here that are just too affraid to try different things.

I don't think that this is the case at all. I think it is more of different strokes for different folks. Some people like chicken, some people like beef. It's what makes the world interesting.

As far as everyone driving late model cars with big wheels and tires. Modern cars are designed around those big wheels. They would look funny if someone stuck 15's on them!!

-
Back