Help working on 73 duster doors. How do you remove the inner crash bar??

-

mopar65

Reaction score
well i am slowly getting the body work done on my 72/73 duster race car. I have a 73 duster that i am putting the front-end off of my 72 parts car on. Well my 72 duster doors are no good, so just decided to reuse the 73 doors for now. so i was pulling the glass etc out of the doors and saw that these doors have the crash bars in them. I would like to remove them for less weight, so my question is has anybody done this? if so how hard was it to do and any tricks to get them out with out tearing up the doors? thanks Mopar65 :burnout::burnout:​

easiest way is remove the door skin,other than that thick gloves and a cutoff wheel ....

By the time you get them out you will probably be scrapping those doors too. Not worth the effort to remove a little weight from the center of the car unless this thing is a hot, dedicated track car.

But like mentioned above..... Take the door skin off and be prepared for a bunch of body work on the doors after (and if) you get them back on.

Or, start cutting the inner side of the door off for access.

ok thanks for the info guys. sounds like i might just leave them be dont have another set to put on if i mess these up.will just have to save my money till i can get some fiberglass doors.thanks Mopar65

-
Back