Help, Xtra Heavy Duty Leaf Springs

-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 69 340Swinger 4 speed with some wheel hop issues. 11 Years ago when I was restoring the car, I purchased the Mancini Xtra Heavy Duty leaf springs. I'm questioning now if I have the springs on the correct sides. Not sure if they have different rates like SS springs but today they advertise them with different part numbers. Anyone have experience with identifying them. There are no numbers stamped on them. I could not reach them today so tomorrow I will try again. The one with blue tape I had installed on the left side of the car. Their pic shows two clamps on the front segment of one and one clamp on the other. Mine have only one clamp. Thanks for your help.

20221024_170901.jpg

20221024_170857.jpg

20221024_170850.jpg

The right side one will have more leaves, more arch, or be a little stiffer....

I think you have the springs mounted on the CORRECT sides. I believe the spring with the longer bottom leaf, the one on the left in the pictures, goes on the right (passenger side) of the car. (I had a set of these & I think the spring count was the same on both sides, IIRC) As far as the wheel hop goes, maybe another spring clamp on the next leaf of the front segment of the right-side spring? Caltrac bars would probably stop the wheel hop too.

I think you have the springs mounted on the CORRECT sides. I believe the spring with the longer bottom leaf, the one on the left in the pictures, goes on the right (passenger side) of the car. (I had a set of these & I think the spring count was the same on both sides, IIRC) As far as the wheel hop goes, maybe another spring clamp on the next leaf of the front segment of the right-side spring? Caltrac bars would probably stop the wheel hop too.
Clamps are coming first. I think I had them mounted correct but i did that 11 years ago. Thank you

According to Mancini the longer one goes on the passenger side. In my case thats the one with the blue tape. Thanks all.

Remember too, for hot street and racing that you CLAMP the front segments and UNCLAMP the rear segments.

Try stiff shocks to stop the wheel hop. Not sure if anything short of a drag racing performance or truck shock like Rancho will be enough.

According to Mancini the longer one goes on the passenger side. In my case thats the one with the blue tape. Thanks all.
The one with the longer leaf is NOT the one with the tape on it. The one on the left in the pics is & should go on the right side of the car.

-
Back