Help

-

polar225

Reaction score
hey i need help real quick. im looking at buying some headers for my slant six and this guy is saying he has some headers and that their called FLOWMASTER right on them. their three into one but then go into a single collector. anyone know anything about them

hey i need help real quick. im looking at buying some headers for my slant six and this guy is saying he has some headers and that their called FLOWMASTER right on them. their three into one but then go into a single collector. anyone know anything about them

never seen them make by flow master... but here are a set of hookers

and in the pic there backwards the rear one should be first

Attachments

• Stuff 005.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Stuff 006.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 145
Got any pics? Thats quite odd

What benefit would they have going back into one collector? Isn't that what a factory cast iron manifold does? Your thoughts Frank.
Small Block

quote=Small Block;1132578]What benefit would they have going back into one collector? Isn't that what a factory cast iron manifold does? Your thoughts Frank.
Small Block[/quote]
:worthles:

he is gonna send me some pictures tonite or tomorrow so ill let you guys know. he got them for a early dart with a slant six but then got a v8 dart. he just called me i guess where he read that was on the y pipe that connected the headers now it make sense. thanks guys for your help

What benefit would they have going back into one collector? Isn't that what a factory cast iron manifold does? Your thoughts Frank.
Small Block
Bill
Generally speaking exhaust gas flow and speed is why headers are used. Normally the exhaust manifold is built close to the engine with a sharp turn as the first thing. Sometimes the manifold even necks the exhaust down. A header smooths the turns out.
Since all an engine is is an air pump we try and remove as many restrictions as possible. Ahh but wait the plot thickens we have exhaust gas scavenging the slant 6 is Great at scavenging. Sooo we split he exhaust in two and bring it back to scavenge some more power from other cylinders.
This is just an elementary lesson if you need more let me know.
Frank

-
Back