Help!

-

426hemiduster

hemiduster
Reaction score
I drove my hemi duster to the mopar nats at national trails, drove it back home, put it in the barn, hid the keys, now I cant find them. I know how to replace the ign cylinder,but the trunk... There is now a partition with an amp and speakers so I cant just pull out the back seat and unlock it. To make things worse, I think there is a spare set of keys in a small toolbox in the trunk.Can a locksmith get into the trunk? Am I overlooking something simple?

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 115
That sucks man! A locksmith would be able to pop the trunk without too much trouble. I have also taken a drill with a 1/4 bit and drilled the center of the the lock out before. That works well too. Could also be cheaper to buy a new trunk lock than pay a locksmith.

That sucks man! A locksmith would be able to pop the trunk without too much trouble. I have also taken a drill with a 1/4 bit and drilled the center of the the lock out before. That works well too. Could also be cheaper to buy a new trunk lock than pay a locksmith.
yes you can drill the trunk lock cylinder out and stick a big flathead screwdriver in there and twist it clockwise untill it pops open. be patient, it may take a few drills and twists before it pops

Have all your Mopar buddies bring over their keys to try in the trunk lock. You might get lucky!

had a local locksmith make 2 keys, $75, it took him about 20 minutes, back on the road.

Attachments

• hemi ft.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
-
Back