Help

-

RooferPete

Reaction score
I have an 89 Ramcharger the transmission #pk4431674 9957 2060 started slipping. I purchased a new Tranny from somewhere in Jersey ,but when I got it, I seen that everything looked the same but the pan. So I went to get a pan gasket and was told it was a 727 and so I installed it. I then went to plug in the electrical and one of the plugs on the transmission only had two prongs , when the one on my truck has 3. Is there something I can do. Also I was reading in the forum about rebuilding the old one which I probably am going to do now. Can anyone tell me which one I have

Your 89 truck one with 3 prongs sounds like a 46RH overdrive. The one you got from a rebuilder with 2 prongs was i believe an A518 with lockup torque converter

I see you are new to the forum. Welcome. This is a great Mopar forum and there are a lot of people who are very knowledgeable who can help with just about any problem. May I offer some advice? When you post a question / request for help, describe the problem briefly in the title box. For example, "Need help identifying rebuilt transmission for 89 Ramcharger." That way transmission experts will be more likely to click on the thread, and it will likely increase your chances of getting the help you want. It is quite possible that the person(s) that can answer your question may not even click on a thread simply titled "Help". Good luck with your problem, and I hope you enjoy this forum.

I see you are new to the forum. Welcome. This is a great Mopar forum and there are a lot of people who are very knowledgeable who can help with just about any problem. May I offer some advice? When you post a question / request for help, describe the problem briefly in the title box. For example, "Need help identifying rebuilt transmission for 89 Ramcharger." That way transmission experts will be more likely to click on the thread, and it will likely increase your chances of getting the help you want. It is quite possible that the person(s) that can answer your question may not even click on a thread simply titled "Help". Good luck with your problem, and I hope you enjoy this forum.
The Amount of Awesome Mopar Talented Folks, in EVERY Fraction of Field's, Is Amazing Here! YeeeHawww!!!!!!!

Even though I don’t have a crystal ball my guess is u have the 904 type overdrive with lock up converter which is the A500. U got the 727 type which is a A518 non lock up. U may as well send the used one back and rebuild yours or get it rebuilt. 2 prong plug is non lock up. 3 prong plug is lock up. The trannys are both overdrives. Kim

nope nope nope/ them years they had the same trans could be had as a lockup or a non lockup version. the 2 pin is non lockup, 3 pin is lockup version.
Ive run into this before on my son's 90 W250. 46RH/A518 are 2 names for teh same trans, and it cant be told by that whether it is a lockup version or not.
His 89 Ramcharger originally came with a non lockup 727 in it, both 360 trucks. I still have the original trans here from the Ramcharger.
the RC now has a carbureted 408 in it and a lockup version 727
the non lockup overdrive trannys could have bene had til around 90, didn't see that many....
and as an add on most 3.9 v6 vehicles (especially vans) stayed with a 904/999/998 "904," instead of a OD trans

-
Back