Hemi - 5speed - hydr clutch system

-
American Powertrain has a kit that comes with an adjustable angular bracket (http://americanpowertrain.com/i-852...ng-slave-or-concentric-hydraulic-bearing.html better view here http://americanpowertrain.com/i-852...ng-slave-or-concentric-hydraulic-bearing.html), but at $300 I think that's waaaay too high a premium for some bent metal pieces and a generic master cylinder and some fittings. I think they sell just the bracket, but I can't seem to find it on their site. I figured I could use it as some inspiration though and bend up two U shaped pieces that would do the same thing.

Did you use the stock pickup point for the master rod on the pedal (in other words does the master attach to the pedal in the same place as the old mechanical linkage)? I've been thinking about a hydraulic swap since my mechanical linkage is junk. I have too many mismatched parts or wrong pieces and not enough room with the Hemi and headers. Didn't want to hack up the firewall, so I was planning on mounting at a angle like you did.

no, all stock pivots and the bracket for the spring is gone. I simply mounted the master and built the rod. I drill a hole where I thought it would be best to have the rod moving straight.

I saw several advertisements about those adapters. Way too expensive. Quick and dirty is my game ... :)

Thanks for the extra info. I actually had a coworker give me a master cylinder setup from an S10 pickup that sits at a pretty decent angle with the mounting plate already attached to the master cylinder. I've had it for months now and just never had a chance to try out the fit on it and see how it works. I think I could probably make it work, but I'm don't know anything about bore or stroke on it, so I'm not sure what slave to pair it with.

I would simply try it. Can't damage anything. I didn't pay that much attention to the bore myself. try and error. And you have it already. The pushrod for changing the stroke can be easily handcrafted. I know the S10 master, I have a 5speed S10 as my daily car.

-
Back