Hemi Charger rear suspension

-

cjh

Reaction score
Has anybody got detailed photos of the rear suspension of a Hemi powered Charger, 4sp, with the odd leaf spring arrangement ???
I'm wishing to copy it for a Valiant I'm doing.
Thanks in advance.

What year Charger and what makes the 4 speed different? I have a friend in Warner Robins, about 60 miles away from me that has a 66 Hemi Charger......although it is an automatic car.

What year Charger and what makes the 4 speed different? I have a friend in Warner Robins, about 60 miles away from me that has a 66 Hemi Charger......although it is an automatic car.

I think they were 69 or 70 models.....I have it in a magazine somewhere.....amongst about 8,000 of them....remember something about only the 4sp hemi cars had them....to do with traction.

OK....I finally found it in a March '99 High Performance Mopar magazine.
It was called "Hemi Suspension" on the order sheets, and was standard on Hemi cars, and was optional on 383 and 440 automatic cars with HD suspension or optional Axle Package.
They had 5 leaves plus 2 half leaves added to the right rear.....the half leaves faced forwards, and none after the saddle.

So far as I know this was called "trac pack" (spelling?) I don't know what the option was. My six pack 70 RR had it. It was unremarkable in appearance. As I recall, you really had to LOOK, and only was two short leafs "to the front" but that's been, LOL, one HELL of a long time ago.

-
Back