Hemi Continues to quit at Speed.

-
Tincup one other thing to try is driving with a scan tool that is capable of graphing and recording the sensors as you drive. See if cam or crank drops out. See if everything goes away as in Pcm is off line. What year engine and computer are you using? Is it from a car or truck

I am trying that right now wit my Diablo In-Tune. Ran a 30 min log on Sunday, and of course it did not quit. I played back the data and did not see anything unusual. Trying to figure what parameters to monitor to hopefully catch something. If I hook it to my laptop, I can collect more data for a longer period of time. My engine is the car version from 2005 and the ecu has a 2005 Ram flash from Hotwire.

Does your set up use the coils with plug wires that cross over

I've never seen any trouble with the coil/plug pcm death issue on the early style like you have. The ones with trouble are the coils with 2 plug boots and no wires.

If it's not the cam sensor, then the ecu has a problem. Send it back to Hotwire and let them figure it out.

Mine would go into limp mode when I had the miliage tune from the Diablo on mine. I can send you an ECM if want to try it you can borrow it to see if is yours. I have an extra one that I used before then got a spare just in case.I can also get an 05 ECM for about 100 bucks

i

Mine would go into limp mode when I had the miliage tune from the Diablo on mine. I can send you an ECM if want to try it you can borrow it to see if is yours. I have an extra one that I used before then got a spare just in case.I can also get an 05 ECM for about 100 bucks

i

That would be a huge help, PM sent.

Was working on putting my fast system in the car today and read that the main power and ground cables need to be attached directly to the battery or engine shut off can occur. Maybe check cables are ok. Just thought I would share that info.

There is no need for a flashed ecu if you use an 05' truck computer and 545rfe trans. Now if you use a different trans, then yes.

Was working on putting my fast system in the car today and read that the main power and ground cables need to be attached directly to the battery or engine shut off can occur. Maybe check cables are ok. Just thought I would share that info.

Thanks.

Yep, Mike, as true as bear crapping in the woods, unless it's in a zoo!!

Latest Update, I replaced the cam sensor, and thanks to Joeboy, I swapped in a new set of coils. As soon as the rain stops, I'll take it for a ride and see if there is any change.

OK, wife and I went to Boston today for the Super Wheels Showdown ( about a 1 hr ride ) with no problems. So on the way home I took a different route ( approx 82 miles ) and had no issue. I'm not convinced yet....

Mike, don't keep us in suspense!!!

So you think it was the cam sensor? I'd think that would generator an error code

Is there a chance it's simply the sensor CONNECTOR?

Ok Mike, what's the verdict?

-
Back