Hemi Cuda in Mopar Muscle

Mopar General Discussions

1. '64 Cuda

'64 Cuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:09 PM
    Did anybody else see the article about the 71 Hemi Cuda in the new Mopar Muscle? It's another one of those stories about a guy who got a loaded car & drove it for a bit then just parked it for 30+ years. Unbelievable! :shock: Just over 11,000 miles, leather interior, 4 speed, this car apparently hasn't ever even had the engine cleaned. Only replacement parts on it are a battery cable, oil filter & a piece of rubber fuel line. They said the original tires even still hold air. Just leaves me shaking my head & drooling! :tongue10:

:burnout:

2. 66340SEDAN

66340SEDAN FABO Member #3649 FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I seen it too, very awesome! It is still owned by the same guy who parked it in a barn 1974 wit 11,000 miles! His reason for parking it, Too much power!! That car make me drool.......:sleepy3:

3. FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340 Legandary Member Legendary Member

Local Time:
    1:09 PM
    I've often had this conversation with other car guys and tried to imagine buying, say.... a 2008 Hemi Challenger, and driving it maybe 2 summers and park it for 3 yrs. forgeting you own it... never mind 30.

Amazing..... it makes my head hurt. [​IMG]

4. Longgone

Longgone John/68 Barracuda & Dart

Local Time:
    I bet the people at Barrett-Jackson are calling the poor guy every day!

5. djwhog

djwhog Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:09 AM
    I wish that was me or even one of you guys! Never gonna happen in my life time....:dink:

6. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i saw it.. the dude was a geek in high school and is still a geek. the car was too much for him so he parked it.. cool it survived like it did.

7. duster414

duster414 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's too bad I never had enough money to buy a car and then not drive it. One can only be that lucky, especially in 1971.

8. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    daddy bought it for him..

9. '64 Cuda

'64 Cuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The only car my daddy ever bought me was a 1960 Ford Falcon 4 door. The only options it had were a lighter & an automatic trans. No radio, no carpets, vacuum powered wipers. And I had to share the car with my older brother & sister. Hmmm... Maybe I should have parked it & forgotten about it for 30+ years. Forgetting about it would have been easy. Wonder what it'd be worth now? Probably about the same $150 my dad paid for it when it was 12 years old. :toothy7:

10. 375inStroke

375inStroke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    Can't compare it to parking a new Challenger. Maybe a new Challenger with a watered down NASCAR engine that needs constant adjustment (guessing, I don't own one), gets 8 MPG, gas just tripled in price overnight and there are gas lines around the block, you can only get gas every other day, most stations are out of gas anyways, and people can't give them away because it's a gas guzzler. When I got my '64 with 72,000 miles on it a few years ago, it had bias plies on it. When I hit 60 on the freeway, the car started swerving all over the road by itself. I let up on the gas and had a hard time keeping it within 3 lanes. Good thing the road was empty. I put on a set of radials I had lying around, and no problems. The two other cars I bought with bias plies on them both handled like crap, and were all over the road, but not this bad, so I believe him when he said it was scary to drive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.