Hemi Dart Rear Wheel Arch Template

-

jcruise

Reaction score
Anyone seen a pattern or template for opening up rear wheel openings on a 68 hemi Dart tribute car?

Ive heard they are on ebay some times.
What I did(fount it in a thread) was to take a Picture up on a wall with a projector and adjust the distance to where the image on the wall was correct to my car, then I put a big piece of paper on the wall and marked the lines, out in the garage and use the template..

I tried a search here nothing showed up,then did a google search and that led to a fabo post with the info,one guy used the projector method,another made a template of the front wheel opening and used that for a reference.The process of restoring or building a car 30 yrs ago would have been much different from today,one of the larger swap meets in Indy[Marion County Fairground] has diminished to a 1 day show and they attribute that to people needing parts order off the web vs attending swap meets,I do believe that the web has also escalated part prices greatly,without the internet a BB A body LH exhaust manifold might be $ 75.Who knows

Thanks Breadrunner,thats a great site,had never seen it,good info and lots of pics,you can never have too much reference material!

Ive heard they are on ebay some times.
What I did(fount it in a thread) was to take a Picture up on a wall with a projector and adjust the distance to where the image on the wall was correct to my car, then I put a big piece of paper on the wall and marked the lines, out in the garage and use the template..

That picture is of Troy (NS1RM21) using my projector at my house.

5287809-CopyofSSWheelLipProjectorTemplate2.JPG

5287809-CopyofSSWheelLipProjectorTemplate5.JPG

0932b93f75c753962c336d12a8f80905.gif

Attachments

• 6500949-Rearpannal002.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 283
  • DartPassSide.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 279
  • hemi%20dart.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 286
autoxcuda- did you put the indented body contour around the wheel opening the way the original panel was or did you leave it flat?

I wonder if you could scan that in pages as a downloadable file? Might be worth some $$$.

I dont think the market is that big, but there is someone, thats for sure.
As I have read, the original hemis were almost hacked With an Axe and hammer??

after I did mine, I took a photo at a direct angle, and used photoshop to overlay my Picture over a Stock hemi pic at the same angle. there is a functon that lets you fade a Picture.

There's a young fellow here that works for SSand A/FX, his name is Ed... Can't remember his screen name here though...
I'm sure he could help you out, and someone here will chime in with his name here.

Hello, I had the same problem in the early nineties. I just went to the Mopar nationals with a large piece of paper and was able to trace off an original unmolested Hemi Dart. It was owned buy a guy named Steve Atwell or something close to that. He actually held the paper for me while I traced it with a pencil and also creased the paper. I did both sides. He was very cool and helpful. My car is in winter storage right now but in the summer if someone wants to trace mine, I would have no problem with that. It's good karma.

-
Back