Hemi Denny and USCartool?

-
it appears to utilize the front two attaching bolts on the K frame to frame and supports the trans.

the front piece they have will not do you any good......but if I was gonna buy one I would slide that front bracket to somehow add support under the bell housing area.

my preference would be to support all four K frame attaching points.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer (please don't laugh) to slide the motor trans under the car using a Harbor Freight $16.99 flat cart..... strap it down so it cannot capsize. The cart fits snugly between the legs of my cherry picker. This way you will not be raising the front of the car to the moon.

put ramps (approx 6" high) under the rear wheels.....so again....you do not have to lift the nose of the car so high.

slide the motor / trans under the raised car and lower the car onto jackstands over the carted motor / trans

pick motor / trans up and attach to the car with the transmission mount....and let the motor hang in the front from the cherry picker ( I use a tilter I have had for 30 years).

then I bolt in the K frame (4 bolts) and slowly drop the motor into place..... leaving the motor mount bolts a little loose until the motor mount /motor perch bolts are thru.

good luck...
Denny

Just burnt this cart together now. Welds cooling as I type.
It just fits between the picker. The k-frame drops over pins that go into the
holes in the bottom of the "k". Can't slide off cart. Engine mounts all tight.
This is untested till a little later tonight. Hoping for the best.
This is a first for me droping the body over engine like this.
I will use some of your suggestions Denny so not to raise front
so high. Glad I seen your input here. I still have to pull the intake.
If I have enough ceiling height and all goes well I will get a picture
with the body raised and post.

Attachments

• IMG_20150618_201629_189.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 280
Body raised

Attachments

• IMG_20150618_214041_551.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 227
Almost there

Attachments

• IMG_20150618_214822_259.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 222
K-frame bolts in, went pretty easy.

Attachments

• IMG_20150618_224245_576.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 201
Sweet

for anyone building their own cart .....tall caster wheels help keep things above the cherry pickers legs.

To lift the car.....simply use chain or straps down thru the motor bay , under the frame rail and bolt thru the forward front bumper to frame bracket bolts.

-
Back