Hemi dies after 2018?

-
Gee, waiting for the warranty claim for a misfire on cyl.#6 or 8,(around 3:20) LOL!!!!!!

It is a common practice for manufactures discontinue their best product because it is so well liked.Or maybe it's just too good.

Bout time. It was a hemi wannabe anyway.

IMG_1505.PNG

Well that's it. If those idiots on Horseshit TV say it, it's gospel.

Read post #12. Over and over.

425 net hp vs 420 gross? Yea I'll take a new one, thanks

Oh, and 20+ mpg with the A/C and full blast

Your choice has more to do with your age more than anything. Not saying that's a bad thing.
Oh believe me, I believe the 426 is the king of muscle car engines and probably the most iconic engine ever built and I would love to have one someday (in a B-body) but in a new car or in an A-body I'd rather have the new Hemi. But you're probably right too on the age thing, I didn't grow up in the time of the 426s and have only seen a handful of real Hemi cars in my life. I just get tired of hearing "those aren't REAL hemis" same as any A-body owner hates hearing "that's not a REAL muscle car"

When HP hit its hay day in 1970 and we watched HP go down to nothing in the late 90's, It is amazing to see a Hell cat with 707 HP in 2016. A friend of mine has a 1998 SST reg cab Dodge truck he bought brand new and only has like 40K miles on it, But it is only rated at 180 HP.

Oh believe me, I believe the 426 is the king of muscle car engines and probably the most iconic engine ever built and I would love to have one someday (in a B-body) but in a new car or in an A-body I'd rather have the new Hemi. But you're probably right too on the age thing, I didn't grow up in the time of the 426s and have only seen a handful of real Hemi cars in my life. I just get tired of hearing "those aren't REAL hemis" same as any A-body owner hates hearing "that's not a REAL muscle car"
I was installing new TTI tailpipes & tips along w/the flowmasters on a customers 4406bbl 'cuda, when a guy walked in the shop...saw the '70 on the lift and said "I wonder if it
bothers Mopar people that the new Hemi really isn't a Hemi", the owner was standing next to me helping to align the tip B4 tacking it....I shrugged and said "I really don't care"
Because I don't care, it is marketing, pure and simple & the new engine shows plenty of oats to prove it's worth. I have a life, and it doesn't revolve around worrying about such
stupid bullshit. BUT, to play devil's advocate:D, lets apply MDS, Mechadyne cam in cam, active intake, and sequential EFI, w/crank triggered COP ign. to a otherwise as is genII
Hemi and we'll see where all those mileage & other "betters" run & hide.

Made in AMERICA old school hemi or a MEXICAN built one..no fing way I'd ever own the imported piece of **** one!!

-
Back