Hemi Heads - and Hemi questions

-
I understand that,But you can build a hemi cheaper then trying to convert a 440 to a hemi.You didn,t answer the question. Mark
The 440 block is cheaper & easier to come by. SOme guys already have 440 stuff & want to "step-up" to a Hemi.

Hemicop - thanks for some of the considerations, definetly some more points to keep in mind.

Hemicop and Hemidenny - right on with the price and such!, not finding too many Hemi blocks rolling around my area - fluke I found these heads. Have three HP 440 blocks though

look around on e-cay motors and type in nitro hemi. check out rbssuperchargers.com. brandon murry has alot of stuff to as does dragparts.com so does insidetopalcohol.com. type in used top alcolhol/nitro parts, you'll get plenty of hits for parts.

There's no such thing as a CHEAP HEMI no matter how you do it. The last cheap Hemi I saw was riding on a Unicorn chasing a flying Pig.

I would suggest, again, contacting Rich at FASTMAN about the conversion heads. If I remember correctly he has built a few motors using them. He steered me away from the thought of the conversion heads. From what I remember as goofy as the Hemis valve train geometry is, the conversion heads are even worse. It has been a while since I spoke to him but I think he mentioned on the conversion heads some of the head bolts are in awkward spots, compromising the valve train.

-
Back