Hemi Hood or 6 pack

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im going to be getting a new fiberglass lift off hood, but it will be a 70/72 hood because I am changing the grill. I was wondering what do you guys think looks good on a Duster. Only thing Im worried about with the Hemi hood is that it seems like it will flap around a lot. What do you think?

Put a shaker hood on it. This is a Mopar don't be afraid to be different :twisted:

Neither Dual Snorkel or if you do a Hemi hood save yourself the headache and but in suports under the scoop so it wont flop around and crack

6 pack hood "works" for me. May be going away though with the addition of a 6-71.

6 pack scoop. Or ramcharger's if you don't need the extra space under the hood, the dual scoops look great on A body's.

I like the hemi scoop too, but they're HUGE. Big enough to make things interesting on a driver (rain?). Plus, its a lot of scoop to live up to...:D

I don't get the snorkel scoops at all. They're probably one of my least favorite hood scoops. And that includes brand-X scoops, which is saying a lot.

6 pack scoop. Or ramcharger's if you don't need the extra space under the hood, the dual scoops look great on A body's.

I like the hemi scoop too, but they're HUGE. Big enough to make things interesting on a driver (rain?). Plus, its a lot of scoop to live up to...:D

I don't get the snorkel scoops at all. They're probably one of my least favorite hood scoops. And that includes brand-X scoops, which is saying a lot.

Agreed with everything you said. The only thing with the HEMI scoop like someone mentioned, I dont want it to crack and the last time i had a scoop like it on my stock hood.. I made it look like crap when i put the bars for support, so maybe Ill have body shop do it...if i get the hemi hood!
its going to be a 410 stroker so Im sure i can use all of the scoop ;)

I have a six pak hood coming for my Demon but I think it would be more correct with a snorkel. AAR didn't have one so I went 6 pak. Demon had a pro mod hood when I got it but with the small block I didn't think it would be right...

-
Back