Hemi oil pan on 440?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Will the Hemi Oil pan work with a 440 swap? Not afraid to modify it for idler clearance. My main thing is I would like a little extra capacity for a little piece of mind. Or is a stock pan enough for a 440 that is only a step or two above HP?

440 .040 over (78 c-body, not 187 pan)
KB237
Lunati voodoo 60304
MP template ported 902 heads, stock valve sizes
Externally balanced cast crank
Stock rods
Pistons .015 down
CH4B
750 4bbl

All BBM pans are interchangeable, B, RB, or Hemi

This I knew. What I want to know if it will work in an abody. The sump is the same depth but longer than the standard pan for the extra capacity. I tried searching but struck out.

Hs anybody used one?q

Regardless, if it doesn't have a notch for idler clearance like the 187, you'll need to create one. I think a stock pan with your combo would be just fine. and with a 187 the idler might still contact the pan at the are circled in the pic without some additional clearance.

Attachments

• 187 pan with circle.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 259
How deep is the notch. Just gonna take my 78 c body pan and modify it. SO hopefully a few of you took some measurements. :)

we run the 440 source pans on our hemi's and dont have to mod the pans with STOCK front ends.

The normal 440source pan or the 440source hemi pan? What allows them to work that won't let a stock pan work?

-
Back