Hemi Scoop Guys...

-

440brew

Reaction score
Can someone show a photo or tell how the support posts that are normally in the hemi scoop opening attach to the inside top.

There are many ways of doing it.

Most guys use carriage bolts and go through the top of the scoop into the hood and use washers (or not) at the top where the rounded head of the carriage bolt sits on top of the scoop.

You can use some stainless or aluminum fuel or brake line to cover the threads from the bolts.

That's the easiest way to do it and it works and looks fine.

cudaglass6.jpg

This is just carriage bolts, no washers up top, and aluminum fuel line cut to length, it don't get any simpler that this.

This was the best pic I had,maybe you can resize it?

2275993575_ce4e812a5d.jpg

Thanks guys, carrige bolts and alum sleeve it is!

I will post pixs when complete! My fiberglass hood should be here any day from VFN!

Lets see if any of you can figure this out?The name was removed off of the door,but the #s are on the windshield and the stickers are as they were when it raced.

2275993627_6f138500dd.jpg

Silver Hemi Barracuda. Bob Reed ? Wait its SS?AA so its an auto car and Bob raced 4 speeds I believe.

I remeber this car being for sale just a few years ago correct ? I lost all my SS/AH stuff when my last computer blew up. For a while I had a SuperStockHemis web forum up. I gave it away, Then someone else bought it and shut it down for some reason.

It was for sale a little over a year ago,my buddy owned it.He offered it to me for a great price and I passed.Sometimes I am just an Idiot!
This pic was from the 70's,lets see who can figure this out:snakeman:

2275993521_95d903d9b2.jpg

-
Back