Hemi short block prices used.

-

999yards

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what you've seen on prices for 5.7 hemi short blocks. I don't know what years they are but I just got three of them out of Highway Patrol cars and don't want them.

There are no numbers above the oil pan rail just numbers on the front of the block is 53021319DK. Also on the top rear of the valley ie 6690.

Thanks for the help.

Can you guys tell me what you've seen on prices for 5.7 hemi short blocks. .

I think you need to define what you mean.

To me, a "short block" means (generally remanufactured) the block and rotating crank and cam, NO HEADS and no accessories

Normally a "long block" would include the heads, sometimes the valve gear, but no intake, accessories, or exhaust.

Around here hemis are scarce. There was recently two, one torn apart for the 500 or so range. These were used, "mostly complete" engines. "Long block" in the least

Sure, I think you are right. They do not have cams as they do not have heads. There is one pair of heads but I'd guess they are bad. The HP mechanic told me that all three had broken cams and were knocking. So they stripped the engines and threw them in the trunk of a wrecked patrol car. For all i know all three could have busted blocks. The crank and pistons are there one block has a bad piston. Oil pans on two of them and maybe a oil pump on one. I think all three have motor mounts. I know nothing about these Hemi's except the block might be nice to have for someone. Today was a lucky day because I also picked up a running 440&trans out of an old Winnebago with 70k on the OD.

The oil pans and motor mounts are worthless to someone wanting a 5.7 to put in an older car. I'd consider them cores at best, and be tickled to death if I got a couple hundred bucks each for them.

The oil pans and motor mounts are worthless to someone wanting a 5.7 to put in an older car. I'd consider them cores at best, and be tickled to death if I got a couple hundred bucks each for them.

I have to agree with this...

I know I see guys asking like 1500 for them but with how many there are in the world right now I don't usually see the 1000-1500 selling... Now if it was a 6.1 or 6.4 its a different story.

Pre 09 engine I wouldn't pay more than 800 for 09 and up 5.7 1200-2g max. 6.1 hemi 2g-3500 MAX. I just got a 6.1 for 2200 with 70K complete. Don't get impatient and search all over craigslist in US. Freight shipping is no more than 300 anywhere in US

Thanks. Im not going to get impatient I just wanted a good idea from you guys so that I could be sure and make them a good deal for someone. Seems like $200-$300 a piece should be a score for someone.

Thanks again.

Sure, I think you are right. They do not have cams as they do not have heads. There is one pair of heads but I'd guess they are bad. The HP mechanic told me that all three had broken cams and were knocking. So they stripped the engines and threw them in the trunk of a wrecked patrol car. For all i know all three could have busted blocks. The crank and pistons are there one block has a bad piston. Oil pans on two of them and maybe a oil pump on one. I think all three have motor mounts. I know nothing about these Hemi's except the block might be nice to have for someone. Today was a lucky day because I also picked up a running 440&trans out of an old Winnebago with 70k on the OD.

And they want "how much?" Sounds like a BIG gamble to me.

I'd start somewhere and target not much more than 100 per engine. Without heads or accessories, THAT is going to be an expensive proposition. Also, if they BROKE a cam, could be block damage To tell you the truth if I could not get these very cheap, I'd roll onto something "more complete"

Thanks. Im not going to get impatient I just wanted a good idea from you guys so that I could be sure and make them a good deal for someone. Seems like $200-$300 a piece should be a score for someone.

Thanks again.

Yeah at that price I might be interested in one...even if it is going to sit for a little while.

-
Back