Hemi Valve Cover Interchangeability

-

Joe Dokes

Reaction score
When I bought my 6.1 Hemi, during shipping the strap holding down the motor cracked one of the plastic valve covers.

I don't really like the plastic / composite valve covers, but don't want to spend $1000.00 on a set of billet ones. Thought I'd buy a set of aluminum truck covers and either paint them, or polish them.

Before I buy a set of aluminum truck valve covers, I want to make sure that they will fit and the coils will mount correctly.

Thanks,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I think the aluminum and plastic valve covers changed at the same time that the coils did, so if you wanted to swap to the factory aluminum ones you'd have to switch to the wired coils as well. Not 100% sure on that, hopefully someone can chime in and confirm or deny that.

2003-2005 had the coil on one plug with a wire on the second. In 2006+ they have a dual coil on plug design.

You can back date your car but the wiring connectors are different and you'll need a set of shorty wires.

If you need a plastic cover, I have one. One of the plastic covers on my car motor was cracked so I only have one as well.

If you want a nice set of metal covers I've been trying to sell a set of chrome 03-05 Mopar Performance covers. I also have a set of aluminum covers if thats what you really want.

Lots of covers at my house.

Riddler

Hey Joe, I have a brand new set of chrome covers I'll sell you cheap.

If you want the aluminum ones I can send you a set for the cost of shipping. You Will have to mill off one post and only bolt the coils on with one bolt, or fab up some sort of hold down. But it is possible to make them work ifyou wanna do alittle fab work.

If you want the aluminum ones I can send you a set for the cost of shipping. You Will have to mill off one post and only bolt the coils on with one bolt, or fab up some sort of hold down. But it is possible to make them work ifyou wanna do alittle fab work.

2006 6.1 and newer (dual coil)? Mine are broken caused by transportation. I fixed it temporarely but new would be better.

-
Back