Here is why I wasn't around for the last week.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was away moose hunting. It is a three day hunt here, so the pressure is on.
We shot these three by 8 am the first day. they were all shot out of my tree stand.

This is a picture of me with the biggest moose. It was between 11 and 1200 lbs.

p1159795717574.jpg

This is a picture showing the hunting party at my friends camp.
p1159795717336.jpg

Jack

Looks like you had a good hunt Jack. I just chased the spiders out of the .270 barrel and should be going just down the road for a couple of moose in about another 3 weeks.

Looks like a great hunt and a nice camp. Moose good eating? Our white tail season is just beginning here, they are alot easier to drag.

Moose is the very best eating of the deer family. Your not kidding about deer being easier to drag. We were until 5:30 pm getting these out of the woods.

OldVart,
Good luck on your hunt. What are the moose your after. Alaska-Yukon or Shiras?

Jack

nice moose.. i just got into hunting about 3 years ago as i moved to bc and the hunting areas are endless and the animals are everywhere. i have my restricted and non restriced PAL but i just cant seem to sit down long enought to read the core..

Two questions.
1.Which one is you? The one in the truck with the rope on your head, or the one standing by the truck?
2.How the heck did the three of them get into your treestand?

Two answers,

1. Everybody is trying to figure that one out. Take your pick, the biggest one or the ugliest one.

2. It's a big treestand and I built a ramp up to it. Also used a very thick cable to keep them tied up in there.

Jack

Thanks Jack. The prairie moose here in my area are the Alaska-Yukon variety. You have to get further South toward the 49th Parallel before you start to encounter the Shira / Wyoming variety. Your share of those three should keep you in good eating meat for the winter. :)

Coyote Jack said:
Moose is the very best eating of the deer family. Your not kidding about deer being easier to drag. We were until 5:30 pm getting these out of the woods.

OldVart,

Jack

Ah, the yearly sport of "loose lip hunting", that's what we called them in Northern Alberta. It's aways amazed me how something so ugly could taste so good. Anyway congradulations Coyote Jack, maybe you could send me some sausage since I won't be hunting this year.

Coyote Jack said:

OldVart,

Jack
my god thats a long time, i know ive had some troubles draging some of my deer between my dad and i but 1200lbs :| omg, good shooting though :headbang:

Coyote Jack said:
Two answers,

1. Everybody is trying to figure that one out. Take your pick, the biggest one or the ugliest one.

Jack

Since i met Jack a while back i know the answer!

THE UGLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!
hapy0003.gif

Coyote Jack said:
My condolances demon seed. A hunter that cannot hunt is not a happy man. Just ask my wife. LOL

Jack

Yea I got to go down to the Chicago area for the next month, so I'll miss the best time. Now Jack don't you forget about what I said about that sausage, I like mine cut with a little pork fat and heavy on the crushed peppercorns. Come to think of it I might be out in your neck of the woods in November to do a pulp mill.

I am originally from Maine, and the way that's worked the best was to use a canvas tarp with a plastic coating on one side and basically roll it up in it, and strap the hell out of it. The biggest help is to make sure there is nothing hanging out of it at the front. And of course alot of people/ or a quad helps alot. And to walk the trail you are going to try and use before pulling it in that direction.

Hey demon seed,
Let me know what mill and what time and maybe we can get together for a brew or two and swap some B.S. LOL

Kev,

I don't know what to say, I can't argue with you. LOL

64dartwagon

The biggest problem we had was hard headedness. Other than that it was just the swamp and the sheer weight to deal with.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Hey demon seed,
Let me know what mill and what time and maybe we can get together for a brew or two and swap some B.S. LOL

Kev,

I don't know what to say, I can't argue with you. LOL

64dartwagon

The biggest problem we had was hard headedness. Other than that it was just the swamp and the sheer weight to deal with.

Jack

You're on Jack

-
Back