Here's why the U.S. women's bobsled team has basically already won gold

-
OK

USA Today stated that since the US was in first place after 2 of 4 rounds that they just might as well give the US team the goal medals because history says they will win.

They didn't.

Canada beat them and got gold...

Sounds like another "Dewey Defeats Truman" to me...

Nothing is over until the last flag is dropped..

Wonder if US today will print a retraction ? :)

BTW, Summerside is city of less that 14.5 K people on Prince Edward Island...

OK

USA Today stated that since the US was in first place after 2 of 4 rounds that they just might as well give the US team the goal medals because history says they will win.

They didn't.

Canada beat them and got gold...

Sounds like another "Dewey Defeats Truman" to me...

Nothing is over until the last flag is dropped..

Wonder if US today will print a retraction ? :)

BTW, Summerside is city of less that 14.5 K people on Prince Edward Island...
It is also flat as a pancake so it takes some serious pushing to get a bobsled up to speed there eh !

well from the sounds of things, every competitor that leaves the sochi olympics with their life or without a horrific injury has won to some degree.

better play some hockey today, girls.

and tomorrow

the USA has not forgotten what sydney crosby did in 2010 and we are comin' after you suckers. today at noon usa vs canada women, tomorrow at noon usa vs canada mens

be afraid. very afraid.

better play some hockey today, girls.

and tomorrow

the USA has not forgotten what sydney crosby did in 2010 and we are comin' after you suckers. today at noon usa vs canada women, tomorrow at noon usa vs canada mens

be afraid. very afraid.

The girls hockey sure is getting popular,should be a good game. Sydney did nothing but score the last goal,just like he's doing nothing now! Wish Canada had Hartnell on the team instead!

I am not a fan of Price, our goal tender. Out other goaltender has a better record. Crosby has been a dud. I know and usually cheer for more guys on the American team. Our team was built around politics ( where is MacKinnon ???) Not happy with the mens team at all..

At the last Olympics, the girls US team used our flag as a stomping mat in the locker..thought that was a bit tacky...we beat them once..who know, we may win again..

Great game so far...

The girls hockey sure is getting popular,should be a good game. Sydney did nothing but score the last goal,just like he's doing nothing now! Wish Canada had Hartnell on the team instead!

His play really hasn't gotten back to pre concussion days..

and now for some choke advice eh ! sorry about the result the officiating was terrible the whole game , how that ***** could pick one hit over another to call a penalty on is beyond me , giving the americans power plays at the start of every period crushed our momentum, following that up with basically all the calls in overtime being retarded especially the last cross checking call with the Canadian gal on a break away , if you call the takedown it has to be a penalty shot not a 2 minute cross checking call , sad to see at this level .

and now for some choke advice eh ! sorry about the result the officiating was terrible the whole game , how that ***** could pick one hit over another to call a penalty on is beyond me , giving the americans power plays at the start of every period crushed our momentum, following that up with basically all the calls in overtime being retarded especially the last cross checking call with the Canadian gal on a break away , if you call the takedown it has to be a penalty shot not a 2 minute cross checking call , sad to see at this level .

Kinda like the US figure skating judge being in cahoots with the Russian figure skating judge to block Canada out of the gold and gee, the US won with an inferior skate..gee, the corrupt IOC will not investigate..oh, and what about all the drug test on Canadian skaters just before they perform...

The ref nor the linesmen were from Canada,...what, that is 5 golds in a row...

Hockey (as well as most sports with exceptions of course) don't mean a damn thing to me.

Not a fan of the Olympics but I watch both hockey and curling because I participated in both.

The really cool Olympics is for MX.. Motocross des nations.. was in Maryland at budds creak in '07...amazing..

That slashing call in OT against the US was total BS. The Canada OT penalty at the net was a good call.

US went turtle the last 5-6 minutes of regulation playing not to lose and got beat.

Canada got beat all over the ice today, scoreboard says Canada won. That's all that counts!

That slashing call in OT against the US was total BS. The Canada OT penalty at the net was a good call.

US went turtle the last 5-6 minutes of regulation playing not to lose and got beat.

Canada got beat all over the ice today, scoreboard says Canada won. That's all that counts!

Unfortunately the women's game has evolved into a game of flying Picks and rubs it used to be open ice , fast skating and passing , there a hundred "collisions" that didn't get called including a few runs at the goaltenders , and the gal screening the goalie on your first goal was both feet in the crease , none the less it is embarrassing for the game when it gets decided by officiating . I thought your gals played strong the whole game our gals weren't moving there feet the first 45 minutes . On to the mens game tomorrow , hopefully the ref will let the players decide the outcome.

That slashing call in OT against the US was total BS.
except that the Americans were warned earlier in the game not to slash the goalie again or they'd get a penalty...I guess the ref kept her word.

-and after one of the American players put on a ref's jersey (might as well have been, anyways) in Salt Lake City in '02 and did everything she could think of -without avail- to hand her team the Gold I'll take a 'questionable' call any day lol.

The guys are playing soon..this is going to be tense..will have the coffee ready..

looks like the same crew of officials eh , a non existant slash called then a dangerous trip sending Crosby into the end boards hard is a no call . Lots of chances but the guys don't seem to see the open man and are taking weak shots instead setting up the open man .

Canada wins !!! On to the gold metal round !!! wow..what a nail biter..

since there is no thread for it -Hockey Canada's Game Eh !

Not sure which was more fun to watch, the game or my wife..she is a nervous hockey fan :)

She was up a 7:15 getting ready for the game.

No back to the usual programming and wondering if your team is going to get into the play offs..

Next Olympics all hockey players will be amateur I think..

Ian.

-
Back