hesitation?

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
i have a weiand tunnel ram that has been lightly ported , possibly gasket matched. i don't have a valley pan handy to know exactly how much but i can see it has had some porting done. gasket matching my heads is just not an option right now. ive heard the mis-match may cause a hesitation. this is basically a factory spec 8.5 to 1 , 452 headed 440 with a 484/280 cam that will never get hammered on. will it be a problem? what say you?

Well if it hesitates that wouldnt be the first thing I'd blame. Have you run a tunnel ram before?

Well if everything else is in order I doubt you'd notice it at all. Problems Ive seen with tunnel rams is knowing if everything else is OK... mainly carburetion.

Good luck...only one way to find out eh?

Well if everything else is in order I doubt you'd notice it at all. Problems Ive seen with tunnel rams is knowing if everything else is OK... mainly carburetion.

Good luck...only one way to find out eh?

LOL yea , I can get the carbs set up , Im just a little worried about the ports. I can get over the carb hesitation , but if the ports are going to be more of an issue , no carb tuning can fix that lol

I'd say without more info, this is ghey.

I'd say without more info, this is ghey.

what else do you want to know?
a gasket matched intake port going into a virgin 452 head port . will it cause a hesitation? from the replies , it sounds like a no , the other reply is just ghey

lets see , the car is green , the intake is purple , it has an 8 1/4 rear , front disc brakes and a burned out headlight

The ports being mismatched won't be a problem as long as the gasket is sealing around the port .
Whoever did the grinding would have to of been blind and porting by braille to hog them out too much to seal

I would say the combination of ported tunnel ram, low compression, and MP cam will give more of a problem than any port mismatch. That and the purple on the intake. Nothing ever comes good of purple mixed with green.

My bud had a small block with a big cam, stock heads, and a "performer" with a 750DP. The car ran high 13's as is. So he begged me for a big ported single plane I had on the shelf, but I refused because I knew the mismatch was just too much. Well, after 6mos of begging, I decided to prove my point and installed it. With no difference other then the intake change, it picked up .38 in the quarter and just shy of 3mph...:banghead:.

So i'll never say never again after that fiasco...lol.

We did eventually put a tunnel ram on the car, mainly for looks, and it did run well on the street, but it was a little softer down low. And yes, this car had a 3600 converter, 4.56 gears, and weighed about 3700lbs with driver during this whole process.

As far as the mismatch, I'd give it a try. :thumbrig:

You better get that thing on there before gas prices go back up. :D

-
Back