Hey A Body Joe

-

71d3m0n

Reaction score
hey abody joe did you use to have a demon and do you know if it ended up in california?

yea i used to have a yellow demon. last i heard it was still in jersey. but that was years ago. no idea where it is now.

when i sold it she was powered by a 440. heard the guy changed it to a 340. car was a 72.

had a purple engine bay.

Demonmotor.jpg

DSC00002.jpg
[/IMG]

i will have to ask my father in law where it came from i know it was from back east . but i have a 71 demon plum crazy my engine compartment looks identical to the t as your old one . i am trippen out on it. the fender tag is gone but dash says its a original 340 car

it has to be the same car there are too many details in engine bay that are the same.

the car looks different trying to find engine bay pics

Attachments

• Adam phone (25).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 413
this is the best one i have . ill take one when i get home. it could be a coincidence but i have the valve covers that i got with the car .same as your pic.headers,fuel line and reg. ,msd ,coil tranny cooler radiator, hood , sounds far fetched but to many similarities.

not a good one

Attachments

• Adam phone (8).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 418
i am convienced its the same car by looking at the engine bay lol

lol.. does look a lot a like.. mine was a gold 6 cyl car originally. spare tire well was rotted out. had diamond plate down in the trunk and a 15 gallon fuel cell in the trunk.

plug wire routing,location of the coil and msd look the same. i put coated pro parts headers on it too. is there a whole drilled in the fenderwell to access #6 plug (i think thats the one) with a socket? had braided 1/2" if i remember fuel line front to rear too.

mine was a 72. the side markers were different then the one in your pic...

you know thinking about it now. i remember the guy that bought it saying he transferred all the big block stuff to another car and put a 340 4speed in my old one.. who knows what he really did....

lol yes it is braided front to rear fuel cell ,has hole drilled for plug and wire. there is no way its a different car . too much alike motor was identical to your pic when i got it . radiator hoses, intake valve covers everything lol

im waiting for a call back on where it came from but new jersey sounds right

there is also a small bend or dent whatever you want to call it on driver side radiator support same as mine

lol yes it is braided front to rear fuel cell ,has hole drilled for plug and wire. there is no way its a different car . too much alike motor was identical to your pic when i got it . radiator hoses, intake valve covers everything lol

lol.. does it have a custom lower rad hose. it was actually a piece of exhaust pipe... might have been powder coated too.. chrome i think.. would have looked silver really..lol

wonder why it has a 340 vin now though. my car was 100% a slant six car. i pulled the slant myself. also had all the tags on it too.

do you remember anything about the motor ? its a forged crank trw pop up pistons .906 heads right? he might of changed leaf springs but not sure what they are look like super stocks but car sits really low .

here it is when i first bought it.. i knew the two previous owners.

a guy i knew from a cruise i always attended on wed nights worked at a ford dealer. the original owner traded it in on something and he bought it dirt cheap. was still gold at that time.. the ford dealer guy had it painted yellow because it was flashier.

ford dealer guy sold it to a close friend of mine. it was his first car at 17. it was slow and not ricer enough for him. (the beginning of rice in this area) so i bought it from him for $1800. i pulled my 440 64 valiant apart and used all the parts for the demon which was in a lot better shape body wise.

img068.jpg

img069.jpg

img070.jpg

img071.jpg

i changed alot just curious how it started i have done motor twice . i over reved it first time floated valves . bought solid roller cam and had wrong lifters in it so i had oil press issues .everything but cam rockers heads and carb is the same.

wow thats awesome . yeah any info u have let me know i appreciate it thank you man its a small world

do you remember anything about the motor ? its a forged crank trw pop up pistons .906 heads right? he might of changed leaf springs but not sure what they are look like super stocks but car sits really low .

when i sold it it was something like a 73 440 .030 over. pop up trw pistons. floating wrist pins. think it was a steel crank but not 100% sure. could have been cast. don't remember. had main studs in it. hv oil pump, weiand 8009 intake, 850 holley, 509 purple cam, alumn water pump housing. 906 heads. i think i had them cleaned up but not 100% sure. had teflon valve seals too...

had a reverse manual 727 and 3.91 or 4.10 8 3/4 rear. think they are c-body axles cut down by moser with green bearings. also had 11" drum brakes in the rear. stock 73 up disc up front. manual steering too.. was a fast car..

-
Back