Hey dude is that a flower on your car hahaha

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
Okay I grew up street racing back when GTO z28 boss mustangs, rambler scramblers, cyclones , roadrunners, judge,and every other badass name was on muscle cars and then there was the Swinger do you know how much s*** you got when you had a flower on the side of your hot rod LOL and lived in a redneck logging community ,you had to be tough to drive a swinger! Luckily mine was pretty decked out and with the 340 4 speed it would handle just about 80 percent of the car is out there. But still I caught the grief. Now everything of the 70s is really groovy and people love the swinger.

I have considered putting a ModTop on my 69 Swinger but my car is R4 and I dont think they had an option for red .

Could have been worse....panther pink.
Yeah, I have a flower on my car. Nobody has mentioned it yet.
I think mod tops were awesome. They should have continued with them but with some less feminine patterns.

Yeah no one said anything about the flower in 20 years or more, but back in the 70s and '80s oh boy, I'm often thought about having some small hammers or double-bladed axes made up to replace the flowers.

:lol: Flower Power kicks *** on brand X is what I would have told them. lol
Who the hell wears a bowtie .

That bowtie was from a wall paper pattern from a hotel room in Paris. They stole something from the French.......

The response I had was . "Your woman likes the flower, And the fruit"

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

I always thought the bible thumpers (that shot down the Demon name) would have took offense to the word SWINGER as we all know what the true meaning was.Especially in the 60's

Yes, worse thing Chrysler ever did, I always thought. Could they have picked anything that was more gay ?? We are currently putting together a Scamp (2nd worse idea) for my son right now with Swinger front end. I want to eventually put Scamp emblems on fenders, but we are going with original paint for awhile. I bought Swinger emblems WITHOUT the flowers to stick on them, will deal with the mounting holes somehow. Not so groovy for a 28yr old guy in 2022.

That flower makes the Swinger what it was. Like the Demon they were the hell raisers of the Dodge fleet. I bought a Coronet R/T in 72. My friend had a 69 swinger. Both 4 spd cars. I thought I had that swinger covered after installing headers and slicks. Boy was I wrong. Then I raced him with my 66 GTO tri-power. The following week in 73 I bought an orange 70 swinger . . I sold the car at Carlisle in 2006. Put the emblems on with the Flower. If you need some I have them. Cheap.

O%20dart[1].jpg

72demon2[1].jpg

I'm sure most of you know but Dodge for the 1971, new A body was almost called the Dodge Beaver.Someone was smart enough to think that was a bad idea.

I will say the flower and name were never a problem with the hot chicks, I can remember them and they're cut offs and perky halter tops and sandals and.. oh yeah back to what I was saying touching the flower and just smiling.... Respect the flower!

IMG_20220210_084411613.jpg

My folks bought a 70 new. Mom Never called it a Dart,always a Swinger !
Red, Black vinyl top, Slant with no power ''nuthin'' $2500 out the door !

That would be my response as well. Especially if the rest of the car is decked out to look serious. I'd feel odd if it was a Swinger painted pink or yellow with tiny tires. I'd also imagine the flower would be a great conversation starter with the ladies though...

Nowadays with newer performance cars being so HARDCORE FULL-BLACKOUT TESTOSTERONE BRUHHHH I like how my Duster has a goofy light-hearted tornado cartoon on the back. I like when the badging and color scheme is light and fun but the performance speaks for itself; anyone noticed all the ridiculous blacked-out add-on trim on new cars (from the factory!) to make them look "fast" or "tough" when they're anything but that? It's so corny lol I hate it.

Back in the 1960's "barracuda" had a slang reference to a woman who was so skilled in bed, she could have turned professional.

-
Back