Hey from NJ

-

xskaternickx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Nick from New Jersey.
I was hoping someone could help me decide if this car is a good deal or not.
I found a 72' Dodge Dart Swinger for sale on CL the other day and we just got back from checking it out in person. The car looks pretty nice. I'll start off with the good. It's a #matching car and 318. It was restored about 9 years ago? I believe the guy said. But they cheated on a few things. It had a vinyl roof which was removed and now there is bondo or something which is cracked in the rear corners of the roof. (easy fix i think) and a column shift which now it's on the floor (6 passenger car) The engine is nicely chromed and runs good. It's not a Posi car. The paint is slightly rusted around some of the corner edges like the hood and trunk which could be touched up and never notice it. Also had a few dime size holes in the trunk. The interior isn't perfect but do able. Now he is asking $6500 and it comes with an open trailer which my dad thinks we can get $1,500+ out of if we had to sell it. So looking at it that way it'd only cost $5000.
Anyways, What do you guys think?
My dad says if I put 3-4grand into it we could have it looking real nice but never of us have restored one.

Thanks,
~Nick

GetAttachment.aspx

3na3k03m95Y35Z35P2a4c00d4585cb1641480.jpg
3nc3m33oa5V65Y05P6a4c21e07b0dbff910b0.jpg

Welcome from North Jersey. The price seems high for a 72/318 car. Its hard to tell without seeing it but I think if you get the car with the trailer for closer to 5g you will be in better shape. On that car it depends how solid it really is. You really have to look carefully to see just how much rust has been covered up. Be patient there are a lot of really good cars out there in that price range right now. If you are still looking, checkout the cars for sale on Moparts and don't be afraid to travel a distance to find the right car.

Good luck if you do get it. Send me an instant message about the trailer. I might be interested in that.

the car in my opinion isn't worth $5000 but i would like to see more pictures of it. cracking bondo where a vinyl top may not be an easy fix. that could snow ball into something big. the car has rust popping all over it from what your saying. god knows what is hidden under there. if the trailer is really worth $1500 then i agree $5k for the pair may be more inline of its worth.

-
Back