Hey music geniuses, Here's a test for you all

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
Alright guys, here you go. If you know the answer PM me so this will go on for a few days. If your guessing, post your answer.

When Philips and Sony developed the compact disc format in the late 70’s, they specifically est the maximum length at 74 minutes. Why did they choose intentionally opt for a 74 minute length?

Because that was the actual length of the longest song ever recorded: The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald sung by Gordon Lightfoot.

because the maximum length of music time you could record onto an LP (33 1/2 rpm) was 74 minutes for both sides ???? ok that isnt it LOL

The longest version of Beethovens 9th symphony was produced by polygram and lasted 74 minutes and so became the industry standard from that point forward.

Okay, who is this guy........Aleksandar Živojinović.

Famous guitar player, Serbian, Canadian born...plays with one of the most bad *** rock bands on the planet, but changed his name, of course.

The longest song ever has to be Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie. It seems like it's 74 minutes long, so I'm sure that's why discs are 74 minutes.

The longest song ever has to be Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie. It seems like it's 74 minutes long, so I'm sure that's why discs are 74 minutes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DtpdXZi0M"]Arlo Guthrie/Alice's Restaurant * - YouTube[/ame]

Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells consists of part one (25:58 ) and part two (23:20) so that's up there too lol.

Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells consists of part one (25:58 ) and part two (23:20) so that's up there too lol.

I remember that from back in my early drug days. In fact I still have that album. Boy I bet that has some scratches on it.

-
Back