Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has experience with 727 tranny's.

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
The Lil red I just bought shifts through the gears way too fast. When cruising and mash it to the floor it kick's down as it should. Just doesn't hold each gear before shifting when in Drive. Thank you in advance!

Change the "Governor Weights". A&A has them and I am sure other's as well.
If you know nothing about a trans invest in Chrysler Toqureflite book it is not much $
I think Amazon has it. Look at page 14 and would be shipped fast.

If you have full-throttle kickdown, then your kickdown linkage is working, at least to some extent. May need adjusting, though to get full travel of the kickdown lever down at the trans. Not enough travel will affect both part throttle and full throttle upshift speeds.

If the kickdown linkage is adjusted properly and it still upshifts too soon, you need a higher rpm governor. The governor also affects both part and full throttle upshift speeds.

Not sure what governor a Little Red Express originally had, but if its trans has ever been replaced, who know what governor is in there now. As said above, A&A and others have an assortment of governors available. The governor assembly can be replaced without removing the trans; just have to pull the trans extension housing to gain access to the governor.

-
Back