Hi folks, new kid in town.

-

HcodeRob

Reaction score
IMG_3588.JPG
Hello FABO members. My name is Rob and I'm in central NJ. I've been lurking for a short while as I've just recently saved a 1968 Dodge Dart GTS from a Chevy guy in Chicago. He thought he liked Mopars or at least Dodge Darts and bought the GTS from a guy in AZ. He was pretty much effin it up before he decided to sell a month after he bought it. It's number 492 in the GTS registry. Matching numbers big block, trans and rear. Trying to put it back to as original as I can. Solid body and underneath. Have installed new +1 leaf springs from ESPO and had the exhaust go 2 1/4 from the exhaust to the tips. Anyway, its a 3 pedal, big block car that my son and I are enjoying the heck out of. Looking forward to getting it tuned and hitting the show and cruise night circuit this spring and summer. I started in the wheels and tires forum before introducing myself. Here's a larger exterior pic.

Very nice GTS! Welcome to FABO!!

Whew, sounds like a close one...you got her just in time!!:thumbsup:
Thanks fyssh. I think he didn't know what he was getting into. With a Camaro you can order parts for a whole car and have them sent to your doorstep and build it. Not so with old Mopars. He ground up third gear, put some chevy stuff on he had in his garage, put a suspension part on upside down, just wanted to take the cheap way out. I'm looking forward to having fun on this board.

Welcome from North Carolina. Great to have you here

Welcome from North Carolina. Great to have you here
Thanks T. You guys have some nice cars down south. Growing up, the first guy who got his license in our group got a 65 barracuda. That was our cruising car.

Welcome to the Madness !!
Thanks Mitch. I took a peek at what you're working on. Very nice!!! I wish I had the talent and knowledge to do that kind of work. I've been lucky to find Mopar guys in my area to help me. I'm just doing correct hoses, clamps and under the hood parts to make it assembly line correct. My hats off to you.

Thanks Mitch. I took a peek at what you're working on. Very nice!!! I wish I had the talent and knowledge to do that kind of work. I've been lucky to find Mopar guys in my area to help me. I'm just doing correct hoses, clamps and under the hood parts to make it assembly line correct. My hats off to you.
You came to the right place here. You will find Great help here on this site. There are many of us eager to keep the hobby going forward. I'm an older guy, that has been restoring my own stuff for 40 yrs, but there are many here with more knowledge than mine. I restored a 68 Numbers Road Runner not too long ago, And I have 60 Corvette, Fulie car , that has been done for 35 yrs. Besides the GTS, I have a 70 Cuda 383 , 4spd Numbers car, And a 65 Belvedere Post car in the wings to finish.. I think I have an Addiction Problem... !!:lol:

You came to the right place here. You will find Great help here on this site. There are many of us eager to keep the hobby going forward. I'm an older guy, that has been restoring my own stuff for 40 yrs, but there are many here with more knowledge than mine. I restored a 68 Numbers Road Runner not too long ago, And I have 60 Corvette, Fulie car , that has been done for 35 yrs. Besides the GTS, I have a 70 Cuda 383 , 4spd Numbers car, And a 65 Belvedere Post car in the wings to finish.. I think I have an Addiction Problem... !!:lol:
I know you have an addiction problem. You say it like its a bad thing tho. I'm an old guy too. Recently retired. This was my birthday present from me to me. Arrived in my driveway 1st day of retirement. I'm working on the car with my son and teaching him to drive 4 spd. Need new blood interested in the classics. My number one wish list car is the cuda and always loved the 1965 belvedere's and satellite's as well. Used to hang at Englishtown a little bit way back when . Loved those max wedge cars. Wish I had the knowledge and tools to work on these cars.

-
Back