Hi from Los Angeles

-

Abe lugo

Reaction score
Hi
Looks like im building a Mopar. I need some help from A-body people. This may be the forum that will help so im here.
Im a Toy Designer in La, my wife and I are into vintage cars, bike and cool old stuff.

Hello from Minnesota! What are you building? There are is plenty of help here so just ask away. We also need pics to feed our addiction. I myself am a Lego maniac at almost 40!

Welcome,

I'm a member in Long Beach.

This is a great site, ton of nice people, and a lot of good information.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Now I just do Matchbox trucks. I'll push to get some Mopar classics in, in fact I need to do my homework on what classics are already being done by us.

Things are changing at Mattel. I've been working there about 6-7 years. This the second moved I have done.

I've done a few Hot Wheels and Matchbox 1:64th cars but mostly Chevy and Fords. I did do the '34 Dodge Delivery truck. My last couple cars are coming out this year, one is Hotrod and the other is a creature car. Not out yet, can't share pics.

Anyhow, I'll be out with it. Im building a '33 Plymouth for my wife, most of the running gear will be early to mid 60's Mopar power.
She is mostly the Mopar freak, she also has a '59 Dodge Coronet. But I love working on the her cars.

I'm going to try to find a narrow 51" A-body 8 3/4 rear to put in the Plymouth, I already have a 318 with 727 from a 63-64 Dodge Dart. I'm finally working on the car so I know I will have to setup the rear sooner than later.

Awesome job to have, you lucky guy. Welcome from Pismo Beach,and Welcome to FABO.

Welcome!!! Newer here too!. Great site and have already learned a ton. Abodybomer, spent a bunch of time in Pismo. Ex's grandparents lived up Tepesquet Canyon out side Santa Maria...

hi im new to this forum thing so i presumed you were saying hi to me. if not hi anyway. im new to the mopar and am trying to learn what works and what doesnt. you know how that is.

Welcome to FABO Abe Lugo!! Yep, post up some pics of those Mopars you're building for your wife.

And welcome to FABO dt67!

Great to have you both onboard.

Let me try this. I will take some more pics of the 59 soon. If ye image doesnt show up i wi gry tomorrow. Welcome to you new guys too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 143
welcome Abe looks like you got some work to do it should be fun good
luck . i have been looking for a hot wheels duster the only one i found is one with 18 or 20 '' wheels do you know if they make stock duster muscle hot wheels cars .
thanks

Hi also from LA and Simi Valley.

Hope you had a chance to come out to Spring Fling a couple of weeks ago. I'm part of the Chrysler car club that organizes the event.

Fall Fling is coming up in October. Many of us go out to Mopars in May in Riverside. Great show and decent mopar swap.

I didnt get chance to go, I should have went, there is some particular parts I need. I'll look up Mopars in May. Dang just missed that one too!
The Plymouth just looks like a bunch of work. It will mainly be a fun learning experience.

As far Hot Wheels Duster, not sure will have to check. Im going to try to get an A-Body in the MBX line for next year, It turns out MBX makes some nice stockers now.

I didnt get chance to go, I should have went, there is some particular parts I need. I'll look up Mopars in May. Dang just missed that one too!
The Plymouth just looks like a bunch of work. It will mainly be a fun learning experience.

As far Hot Wheels Duster, not sure will have to check. Im going to try to get an A-Body in the MBX line for next year, It turns out MBX makes some nice stockers now.

You didn't miss Mopars in May in Riverside. It is May 17, 2015. a few week away.

http://inlandmopars.org/

I don't know where you are at in LA. But our Chrysler Performance West club meetings are the on the 2nd Sundays of the month at 7:30pm at the Granada Hills Pavilion in Granada Hills off Balboa Blvd very close to the freeway where the 118 and 405 come together.

Let me try this. I will take some more pics of the 59 soon. If ye image doesnt show up i wi gry tomorrow. Welcome to you new guys too.

That's going to be sweet when you get going with it. Cool ride and even better with a 60's drive train instead of a Chebbie 350!!!!!

-
Back