Hi! im new to everything

-

1970valiant

young gun
Reaction score
Hi! Im pretty much new to owning a car and restoring one...

i bought a 1970 Plymouth Valiant 4 door a few weeks ago for 1000 bucks off a guy that was trying fix it up . It has a 225 slant six, automatic transmission, little rust (that i have found so far!), body damage( that was covered up with 1/2" of bondo when i bought it haha), needs new tires and rims, and seats.

The reason i bought it was that i wanted a car that no else has at school (i'm a high school junior) or something that stands out from the crowd. So a valiant with a slant six, fits the bill! i also wanted a project car to learn how to restore a car and fix just about anything. I'll be fixing it up with the help of my dad too.

I have already pulled the engine out and started to prep the engine bay for painting. But theirs a lot more to do so ill be needing a lot of help and guidance along the way!

Attachments

• travis 1970 valiant.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 1970 valiant.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 218
  • 1970 valiant bumper.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 225 slant six valiant.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 1970 valiant dash.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 201
Nice dude I was in ur position once (4yrs ago) my first car is my duster in my avatar it had a slant and it stood out a lot everyone called it the pumpkin car lol after high school and getting a good job I dropped a v8 in it wish I had the knowledge and parts I do now when I was in high school lol.... Learn as you go is my MOTO

Welcome to Mopars and welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
You're also doing this the right way. The skills you learn now will stay with you forever. Lots of fine people here on FABO to answer most any question you'll have.

Nice dude I was in ur position once (4yrs ago) my first car is my duster in my avatar it had a slant and it stood out a lot everyone called it the pumpkin car lol after high school and getting a good job I dropped a v8 in it wish I had the knowledge and parts I do now when I was in high school lol.... Learn as you go is my MOTO
sweet duster! ya im going by that moto for this car lol

thanks! still have a long way to go. but its been fun so far and i am looking forward to do more work on it
i was there at one point to oh wate im back there with the cuda i beti get mine done 1st ............ and the race is on lol

Welcome to the site 1970valiant. Great starter car and I love that red aircleaner and oil breather.
Regards
Gary

You'll get all the info you need here! Looks like you have a great looking car to start out with!

Welcome aboard,try looking thru peoples galleries and reading diffrent threads and you will pick up ideas of what you like and dislike and a vast amount of knowledge here to be had. If that don't work just ask questions,we'll try to help ya :thumblef:

Welcome to FABO. Love them 4 doors.I got 2 myself...
Ask any questions along they way and we all will help ya.
TXDart
Here two of mine, both work in progress...

Attachments

• 1972 DART 001.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 125
  • dart4 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 88
-
Back