Hi there I m new to the forum Michel is the name and I m from the Netherlands Restoring a Dodge Dart 1965

-

Michel1974

Reaction score
Hi new on the block

IMG20230311124932.jpg

IMG20230311124917.jpg

Welcome Michel.
Pix are always welcome, nice car.
You may find a lot of info doing a search in a specific section, or post up a pic of the plug you have, and see if a member can help you out.
Lotta friendly, knowledgeable folk here.

That must be an incredibly rare car in the Netherlands. We will do everything we can to help you!

Welcome vanuit het zuiden!

Welke provincie rijdt die dart rond?

Ik ben zelf al bijna 20 jaar weg, maar we hebben een handjevol leden die nog wel in Nederland wonen

Welcome aboard! You sure that's a 65? It looks like a 66. I know they had different models in other countries though. Cool car!

I seem to remember it vaguely.
Its a great story (i tried telling it in dutch once and it wasnt as funny)

So anyway, iwent out to look at a charger, took it out for a test drive and when it got time to talk payment i had to ask what his bottom line was
he said he couldnt go any lower because of all the work he had done to it

i told him, hes probably right, as for as miles, age and price go, that was the best deal i had seen in a while BUT mom would get mad at me if i didnt at least try to haggle

he said, well, you can tell her you met a stubborn Dutchman who wouldnt budge
so i said, now hold on a minute, are you Dutch or Dutch descendant?
he said, no i am Dutch

to which i replied

well, in dat geval zouden we dit gesprek in het nederlands moeten voeren
dus nogmaals, ik weet dat je der vijftien duizend vijf voor will hebben, maar kunnen we vijftien duizend doen?

the look on his face was priceless and it was clear he had no idea what i said
so he said you got me, ill knock a few hundred off for that

Its a great story (i tried telling it in dutch once and it wasnt as funny)

So anyway, iwent out to look at a charger, took it out for a test drive and when it got time to talk payment i had to ask what his bottom line was
he said he couldnt go any lower because of all the work he had done to it

i told him, hes probably right, as for as miles, age and price go, that was the best deal i had seen in a while BUT mom would get mad at me if i didnt at least try to haggle

he said, well, you can tell her you met a stubborn Dutchman who wouldnt budge
so i said, now hold on a minute, are you Dutch or Dutch descendant?
he said, no i am Dutch

to which i replied

well, in dat geval zouden we dit gesprek in het nederlands moeten voeren
dus nogmaals, ik weet dat je der vijftien duizend vijf voor will hebben, maar kunnen we vijftien duizend doen?

the look on his face was priceless and it was clear he had no idea what i said
so he said you got me, ill knock a few hundred off for that
LOL That's a goodun.

Welcome vanuit het zuiden!

Welke provincie rijdt die dart rond?

Ik ben zelf al bijna 20 jaar weg, maar we hebben een handjevol leden die nog wel in Nederland wonen
Zal in het zuiden (Limburg) gaan rijden zodra ik m in orde heb, nog problemen met bedrading, uit lijnen en kick down nog in orde maken, verder alles bijna vernieuwd

Zal in het zuiden (Limburg) gaan rijden zodra ik m in orde heb, nog problemen met bedrading, uit lijnen en kick down nog in orde maken, verder alles bijna vernieuwd
Ben zelf van huis uit brabander, dus limburg zit wel goed
(Heb geloof ik nog familie net buiten maastricht)

De bedrading kan echt een nachtmerrie zijn, zeker na 60 jaar en wie weet hoeveel verschillende eigenaren die natuurlijk allemaal knutselaar zijn

Wat ben je van plan om de kick down op te lossen?
Er zijn een aantal bedrijven die kabels maken in de plaats van de origenele stangen
Die vind ik zelf net iets makkelijker, maar het oogt natuurlijk niet helemaal origineel

Ben zelf van huis uit brabander, dus limburg zit wel goed
(Heb geloof ik nog familie net buiten maastricht)

De bedrading kan echt een nachtmerrie zijn, zeker na 60 jaar en wie weet hoeveel verschillende eigenaren die natuurlijk allemaal knutselaar zijn

Wat ben je van plan om de kick down op te lossen?
Er zijn een aantal bedrijven die kabels maken in de plaats van de origenele stangen
Die vind ik zelf net iets makkelijker, maar het oogt natuurlijk niet helemaal origineel
You stop that. lol

I got it registered as a 1965
Look at the serial number tag in the door jamb. If it's the same as ours, it's a 66. But like I said, they do it differently in other countries. So who knows? But that would be a 66 "here".

Still a cool car anywhere. lol

-
Back