Hidden VIN's?

-
sounds as if your doing something illegal, and yes every car ever built has a vin stamped on more then one part; I'm not going to say which ones until you state your reasoning for asking that in your first post

sounds as if your doing something illegal, and yes every car ever built has a vin stamped on more then one part; I'm not going to say which ones until you state your reasoning for asking that in your first post
Xs2

I don't know-I hope he isn't trying to do something illegal. I just went on Fbodies mainly because I bought a-supercoupe-and I asked about the same questions,I have been into Mopars since I can remember but never owned an F before.If it isn't legit,I sure would like to know it before I put big bucks into it.Don't hurt to ask.

I don't know-I hope he isn't trying to do something illegal. I just went on Fbodies mainly because I bought a-supercoupe-and I asked about the same questions,I have been into Mopars since I can remember but never owned an F before.If it isn't legit,I sure would like to know it before I put big bucks into it.Don't hurt to ask.

usually if you ask a question like that you post more then "hidden vin"? usually you post why you want to know

Ok heres the rest, in the middle of the last "hurricane" (isaac) i was dragging a 68 Barracuda onto my trailer. The guy selling it said he didnt have the title but could help me get it. He gave me a bill of sale and the bill of sale he got when he bought it. Neither have the VIN. Today when i came home from work i looked in the door jamb and can see where the plate was but is no longer. Im really hoping i didnt just buy a project that will only ever see the track.

68 vin is on the dash. no other vin on the car. the vin matches the fender tag, the body numbers match the fender tag body numbers. same with 67 but 67 vin is in the door jam. 69 vin is on the dash, fender tag and on body.

All i have to say is wow. I really cant believe the reception i just recieved.

Id like to thank everyone for the candid comments and replies. Title and Vin questions are some of the most common questions asked.

Vin tag, fender tag, title, broadcast, build sheet...... probably hundreds of threads on these topics.

Thanks to all for simply labeling me as a thief.

Id like to thank everyone for the candid comments and replies. Title and Vin questions are some of the most common questions asked.

Vin tag, fender tag, title, broadcast, build sheet...... probably hundreds of threads on these topics.

I wouldn't take it personal, people seem to automatically assume that kind of thing because of all the stories we read & hear about with VIN tag swaps. (otherwise known as a re-body)

I wouldn't take it personal, people seem to automatically assume that kind of thing because of all the stories we read & hear about with VIN tag swaps. (otherwise known as a re-body)

XS2 , and the simple fact that you didnt introduce yourself and tell us a little about your car and interests in A bodies or mopars. sometimes it gives off a suspicious impression when your first post is about VIN# stampings and no pics of your car or what your dilemma is. nobody is calling you a thief.

Most people here do not want to help somebody do something illegal, and yes, you're initial post was somewhat suspicious. It's like calling up a bank and asking if they have hidden camaras and motion detectors. With that said, it sounds like you were too trusting of the original sellers. At the bare minimum they should have included a vin # on the BOS. I don't think I would ever purchase a vehicle that I wasn't 100% was legitimate. What you have is a "Nested Sale", basically a vehicle sold several times without having the necessary documentation filed with the state.

The scary part of this situation really is whether or not the vehicle is stolen, or re-bodied, and whether or not the seller provided you with a real or bogus credentials. If the seller lied about his name to you it could cause the authorities to attempt to prosecute you. If you just make the car into a "track" car, you would be nearly as dishonest and possibly punishable by law. Do you have any means of contacting the original seller, or tracking the payment you gave him? If so, I would contact your local police department. If not, I'd give CARFAX a try with the VIN # you have and see if it was reported stolen or claimed by the insurance.

Good luck.

XS2 , and the simple fact that you didnt introduce yourself and tell us a little about your car and interests in A bodies or mopars. sometimes it gives off a suspicious impression when your first post is about VIN# stampings and no pics of your car or what your dilemma is. nobody is calling you a thief.

Guess im just irritated.

I spent three hours driving home today thinking about how many times i had opened and closed the door and not noticed a tag. Was not surprised as much as let down.

Most people here do not want to help somebody do something illegal, and yes, you're initial post was somewhat suspicious. It's like calling up a bank and asking if they have hidden camaras and motion detectors. With that said, it sounds like you were too trusting of the original sellers. At the bare minimum they should have included a vin # on the BOS. I don't think I would ever purchase a vehicle that I wasn't 100% was legitimate. What you have is a "Nested Sale", basically a vehicle sold several times without having the necessary documentation filed with the state.

The scary part of this situation really is whether or not the vehicle is stolen, or re-bodied, and whether or not the seller provided you with a real or bogus credentials. If the seller lied about his name to you it could cause the authorities to attempt to prosecute you. If you just make the car into a "track" car, you would be nearly as dishonest and possibly punishable by law. Do you have any means of contacting the original seller, or tracking the payment you gave him? If so, I would contact your local police department. If not, I'd give CARFAX a try with the VIN # you have and see if it was reported stolen or claimed by the insurance.

Good luck.

Im feeling stupider by the moment because i have no vin to verify. The tag is not there and everything im reading is telling me ill never be able to source it.

For the record its a shell, no motor ot tranny or interior.

Guess im just irritated.

I spent three hours driving home today thinking about how many times i had opened and closed the door and not noticed a tag. Was not surprised as much as let down.

i would take it up with the guy that sold it to you. let him know that the cops and the dmv are going to run the car, and if it comes up bogus in any way, the cops are going to be knocking on his door.

did you get any paperwork? sorry if i missed it.

your quite welcome. See when you come to a forum as many have since I have been here and ask if there is any hidden VIN numbers and don't tell us why we can pretty much put 2 and 2 together and come up with the worst situation

you maybe one of the few that are still honest and wouldn't do that but I have seen just the back half of cars for sale in transactions and the seller advertising he had the VIN plate and title to register the car! there was no car just a window back; back-half!

we have also had people come on here and ask where they could buy the special rivets that hold the vin on since the car they bought has no vin!

so yes when you provide no details and ask questions that could be used for illegal purposes I will label anyone until details are given

-
Back