hids in mopars ??

-
I have a pair of Hella with 100W H4s bulbs that I used to run in a VW bug with relays. They were really bright and made a huge difference. Will be puttin them in my fish. I think the lights with the built-in parking lite would be cool as hell with a blue parking lite bulb. Us it in the track car where at night we run with parking lites only until on the return road.

Lighting is a lot about perception. Dan quotes facts, not perception. Kind of hard to argue with facts......To each his own.....

the problem is you dont want to "light up the street". your headlights should only be lighting up the road surface in front of your vehicle. if you are lighting up the street you are temporarily blinding oncoming traffic.

if you watch the video above it gives a great explanation.

i think you took my words too literal. i just believe hids are better than halogens as long as they are set up correctly. and i had also said that my combination works as to not blind on-coming traffic.

i think you took my words too literal. i just believe hids are better than halogens as long as they are set up correctly. and i had also said that my combination works as to not blind on-coming traffic.
And this is where the problem starts....you "believe" hids are better.....which is why I said there is a lot of perception in lighting.....

Lighting is a lot about perception. Dan quotes facts, not perception. Kind of hard to argue with facts......To each his own.....

Yep, in your face like it or not, facts.
People with an abnormally large ego shouldn't talk to him.:D

Yep, in your face like it or not, facts.
People with an abnormally large ego shouldn't talk to him.:D
You got to laugh when people get all butt hurt when he spews the facts......And that is exactly what they are FACTS.....nothing more nothing less.....Ladies & Gentleman, they are YOUR cars do with them what YOU please....

You got to laugh when people get all butt hurt when he spews the facts

Oh believe me, I do.
He did it with me once when I put LED's in for brake and tail lights.
More than I ever really wanted to know about lighting, but I sure learned a lot.

Short and to the point, but a pretty good guy when you have a conversation with him, and very patient about explaining it if you don't understand something about it.

HID's require a ballast and a reflector as they are usually just bulbs that fit in a molded reflector. If you go true HID, I dont know how you could adapt anything to fit in your headlight buckets unless someone sells a retrofit kit. If H-4's are illegal, I cant imagine why HID's are as they are blinding white, especially if the truck behind you has something in the bed and the light cutoff is above your trunk. They usually have a very defined pattern, probably why they are legal. Aircraft landing lights...now those are bright!

HID's require a ballast and a reflector as they are usually just bulbs that fit in a molded reflector. If you go true HID, I dont know how you could adapt anything to fit in your headlight buckets unless someone sells a retrofit kit. If H-4's are illegal, I cant imagine why HID's are as they are blinding white, especially if the truck behind you has something in the bed and the light cutoff is above your trunk. They usually have a very defined pattern, probably why they are legal. Aircraft landing lights...now those are bright!

Now add to that, most people don't have thier headlights adjusted right anyway.
There are a couple around here that one light shines down the road and the other one shines right in your face and it SUCKS.

I don't care what people run for headlights on their cars, then can duck tape flash lights on the front of the car for all I care, just as long as the beams have been set up properly, so I'm not being blinded by the beam directly in my face.

I don't care what people run for headlights on their cars, then can duck tape flash lights on the front of the car for all I care, just as long as the beams have been set up properly, so I'm not being blinded by the beam directly in my face.

This doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all. One of the big reasons against hid bulbs in a halogen housing is the fact that you can NOT properly aim them. It is nice to see SSD make an appearance. I wish that we could get about 3 locked stickies at the top of the electrical page. 1 would be lighting does and don't by SSD. Another could be charging system diag and theory by 67dart273. Another good one would be gauge diag and there are a couple of good choices to write that one. I figure those 3 stickies could cover over half of the question posted on this forum.

As far as it doesn't matter what is attached to the car as long as it is properly aimed how about these bulbs. You think you can aim these properly and still be safe for others on the road?

http://amglo.com/75_volt_350_watt_par56_locomotive_ditch_lights_and_headlights.html

There are plenty of good quality legal upgrade lighting products available without using the junky ones.

This doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all. One of the big reasons against hid bulbs in a halogen housing is the fact that you can NOT properly aim them. It is nice to see SSD make an appearance. I wish that we could get about 3 locked stickies at the top of the electrical page. 1 would be lighting does and don't by SSD. Another could be charging system diag and theory by 67dart273. Another good one would be gauge diag and there are a couple of good choices to write that one. I figure those 3 stickies could cover over half of the question posted on this forum.

As far as it doesn't matter what is attached to the car as long as it is properly aimed how about these bulbs. You think you can aim these properly and still be safe for others on the road?

http://amglo.com/75_volt_350_watt_par56_locomotive_ditch_lights_and_headlights.html

There are plenty of good quality legal upgrade lighting products available without using the junky ones.

A couple of those and stand alone generator to run em oughta do it.:D

I got my box of goodies from SSD the other day, along with a new set of oe lenses for the Explorer. Going to wire it up over the weekend, can't wait to see the difference. Right now the lenses are trashed, kind of turning grey and are full of condensation.

I got my box of goodies from SSD the other day, along with a new set of oe lenses for the Explorer. Going to wire it up over the weekend, can't wait to see the difference. Right now the lenses are trashed, kind of turning grey and are full of condensation.

Hey Ink, who is SSD?

Not using HID headlamps on my car and have no intentions on doing so, I'm happy with my halogen seal beams, your asking me if those HID bulbs can be aimed properly I have 100% no clue whatsoever, never owned or installed a set and don't plan to.

-
Back