Hiflow Waterpumps

-
I had really good luck with the FlowKooler pumps on my street cars, but that was before I decided to buy a race car and use an electric pump.

I had a Milodon, leaked in a year. Went to the Flowkooler, really nice pump and impeller. I know that it moves more water because it blew my thermostat housing gasket 2 times in a row. So I went to the Flashpower o-ringed housing and no more problems.

20220327_144205.jpg

20220425_121852.jpg

20220425_184931.jpg

They're worth it, but in order to take advantage of them, you must use a high flow thermostat. FlowKooler is the only company I know who makes them for the slant 6.

I've used a couple of flow Kooler ones and so far so good. I made the mistake of replacing the original 8 vane wp on my 78 318 with a 6 vane version and right away I noticed that my engine was running noticeably hotter as soon as I bolted the 6 vane version on and filled it up. I then re replaced it with a flowkooler and back where I was before the 8 vane started leaking.

Last edited:
2 vids worth watching from the utube "beer budget" guy are "how to stop engine drag: 8 power-saving tips revealed" and "transforming a standard water pump into a high performance powerhouse" and on this subject "Sanborn" has excellent info in his posts regarding this & his threads are saved here on FABO I believe

I have a flowkooler on my 360 and it seems to work well. Also went to a high flow thermostat, 7 blade clutch fan and shroud.

anyone know the difference between a high flow and a pressure balancing thermostat?

Asking for a friend

Wish I did. I've wondered before myself.
Got a "high flow" style here for a /6 that I can't use for it. (Won't fit the /6 head) But have some v8s here that I'll use it in instead.

-
Back