High dollar ride

-

doktor_x

ronin phantom
Reaction score
I've been effectively out of the game for a while, but this thing has been up for auction 3 times that I've seen. The seller seems optimistic that the market will support this. Am I missing something special about this car? It's reasonably clean, but is it that clean? Maybe I should stop driving mine to work every day and put it in a gigantic vacuum-sealed bag. I love that old car smell.

1973 Dart Swinger

Be sure to scope out the unique radio delete plate. :yawinkle: Seriously. If I were asking for that kind of money, it'd be worth the 30 minutes to put a functional $80 radio in the *bleeeeep* thing. Color me cynical.

Its a Slant Car.

I have never seen a /6 car bring that much.

If it was a 360/904-727/8.75 car it would be gone.

Nope nuttin special about it at all .IMO
From the outside it's a pretty clean example of a 73 Dart.
But once you see the underside and all the blemishes on the dash panels ...
slant six auto w/7&1/4" axle , nothing to get excited about .
Certainly not a collector car.
I like the special touches like the old man style add on 3rd brake light.
see the buy it now price?
Somebody must have seen a nice 340 dart or something for sale and convinced themselves they had a rare and valuble car.
The way I see these things usually go is eventually some fool buys it thinking they can flip it and make a bundle then wind up selling it at a loss to a real enthusiast who knows the true value .

in my opinion that car is way over priced.if you look close the paint on that one is very poor. we bought this one for 7500. i think it looks a hell of alot better.

Eds pictures 003small.jpg

Eds pictures 5 001.jpg

Eds pictures 006small.jpg

Eds pictures 008.jpg

that place is just by asu where i go to school and every car there is always over priced. they had a green duster made for the strip for a lot of dough. they do have some nice cars but not for the money they ask.

Their cars are on consignment from private looney owners.Check out the other fairy tale cars they have listed

And a painted top instead of it being vinyl? That looks pretty cheesy.

Any one else notice that the weatherstripping between the passenger side rear 1/4 windor and the passenger door is missing? Must need the ghetto duck tape along the windows whenever it needs to be washed.

Overall, that car looks like it was driven really hard and then put away quite wet.....

I see its located in Scottsdale Arizona they've probably going by Barrett/Jackson prices..lol....

It's crazy overpriced. If it was mint original I seriously doubt it would bring much over 4500 not a realy great color and needs the vinal top put back on. Slant 6 cars just don't bring anywhere near that. You could buy one and duplicate what it is for half the price easy.

Was the K-member kinda mangled or is it just the angle. It looks like the front end underneath has taken a few small inclines a little to fast.

He's a dealer...of course he's going to be higher. Private party price would be WAAY less..IMO.

Yeah. I figured they'd probably been huffing solvents or something. Just making sure I hadn't totally lost touch with reality or missed some event that would make my plain-jane 318 car worth $17,000.

I used to periodically visit a dealership in Fort Wayne, Indiana about 12-14 years ago for the sole purpose of chuckling at their prices. Same thing. They had some gorgeous cars, but the prices were set by someone that had traveled into the future about 20 years.

-
Back