high flo oil pump

-

1970 duster

Reaction score
considering the purchase of a high flo oil pump for my 340 or should I be satisfied with the stock oil pump. will it cause a low oil level in the sump. the high flo require a larger capacity oil pan, also does any no of a modification on oil flo to the number 6 cylinder thanks

don't waste your time or money with a high volume pump if your pan is stock. the one thing that will help is MP has a high pressure spring kit- that would be more benificial the high volume. Just take your new pump apart and check all your clearances.

And what do you mean by oil flow to number 6 cylinder?

What makes you want to change an oil pump? Has the engine been rebuilt? Low oil pressure? Noises?

I was told that there was a problem in the number six, cylinder with oil flo I will try and find out more about this mod. I am in the process of rebuilding my 340 with stock oil pan, I was wondering because the motor is all apart would it be a good time to invest in a high volume pump. Thank for the replies

1970, I agree with Mrspeed, no need for a hi-flo pump. It can put 4 quarts in the top of the engine @6000. You would need a deep pan for that. Check clearances and change the spring and call it good. Terry B.

-
Back