High idle

-

Bigworm

Reaction score
Hi new guy here, I’m having issues with carb it won’t kick down the idle by way of the peddle but I can do it by hand. It was running good yesterday. Here a picture of the carb and what I press to get it to idle at normal rpms.. this is my first forum I’ve ever been apart of so sorry if I’m in the wrong place to ask this..
9556DAF1-248E-43D1-92CA-2BF18D421549.jpeg
BF0E1E10-268A-488F-8697-6B8EA8541FE5.jpeg

It looks like choke is not fully open. Your hand is actually on the electric choke which can be adjusted when engine is fully warm to be make choke open all the way. Choke plate should be at 90* when engine is warm.

It looks like choke is not fully open. Your hand is actually on the electric choke which can be adjusted when engine is fully warm to be make choke open all the way. Choke plate should be at 90* when engine is warm.
There’s a little arm behind the electric choke that I can move by finger it has a stamp on it I’ll post another pic...not sure if that’s the choke plate? Stamped E
BFF3A065-90BE-451C-BFEA-219C41C3742C.jpeg

Yes the picture was the choke fully open until I press that little plate stamped E then it goes into normal rpms

I see the electric choke controller ( white ceramic rectangle ). Those do fail. 2 mechanical limiters inside it. Factory service manual should state how to diagnose.

Hey i pulled the carb off and found there was a piece of gasket keeping the air flap from fullY opening and closing on the bottom of the carb I cut the little piece of gasket off and reassembled the carb it now runs better than before thank you guys for the input I appreciate it...

-
Back