High Impact Colors, and The Future

-

jfleming64dart

Reaction score
So there I was walking back from class today, and I noticed two identical bright green 2015 Challengers (Sublime maybe?). One was pulling out of the University's lot and the other just at red light. They were also both some trim upgrade with the black stripes and lettering, and a spoiler. They may still call it a scat pack, I haven't looked much into it. But that got me thinking... Theres quite the phenomenon of re-doing our A (and B and C) Bodies in high impact colors and as special order packs. And people seem to just be ordering the new ones like that, all I see is purple, lime green, and orange. So I wonder if 40 or 50 years from now when those are vintage (and our A Bodies are the likes of the Model T), people will want to re-do them in beiges, golds, light blues, and the like because everyone will have a bright color car? :-k

I think there's way too many cars restored in high impact colors today. i'll bet there's more out there than were originally produced.

By then having a car that rolls on wheels will be a novelty. Most people will be flying. :)

Didnt they predict we would be zipping around in future flyers by now back in the 50s.
It would appear the big advancement ended up being plastics and electronics
added to the familiar fossil fueled piston engine.
What a let down.
I suppose we have the oil companies to blame for keeping
us all on the ground.
Chryslers turbines seemed a step forward at the time.
It would take alien intervention to get us there.

Too many morons who can't drive in 1 dimension [straight ahead] let alone 2 dimensions. Imagine the mess if we could travel in 3D.

Exactly. I wouldn't want the dipshit roadclowns I encounter on the streets everyday also flying above me.

The only way this will 'fly' is if the vehicles will fly autonomously, with maybe a possible human intervention in case of an emergency.
But then again, the more autonomous driving/flying vehicles are out there, the less the common people will probably feel the need to get a drivers license, resulting to even more clueless clowns in verhicles.

-
Back