high impact colors?

-

wyo340

wyo340
Reaction score
does anyone know what high impact colors were available for the 73 duster? i like the sassy grass,but im open to new ideas.the car is going to be stripped in the fall so i wanted to get some ideas and some pics from you guys to help me make my decision.and no the car is not the original color. it was gold haze with a gold vinyl top when it left hamtramck.

The only high impact color available in 73 was Top Banana (Dodge) or Lemon Twist (Plymouth). My 73 Dart Sport is FY1 Top Banana Yellow from the factory an d it was an extra $ option.

I'm not sure, but I really , really like that butterscotch color, whatever the heck the code is for it escapes me.

wyo340, I went with a 72 cricket color, Carib blue, its a little less teal than the b3. check my cardomain page for some pics. There just weren't any 73 colors that really 'jump out' at me. Love the green but way too many of them out there now.

Google & get to Planet Color, then click on Muscle Cars on the right.

It's Sherwin Williams line of "specialty" mega-high quality paints & colors.

HTH!!

Here's Sassy Grass on my 73. It was B5 blue orignally.
Got lucky. The car was already painted the best color
when I bought it. Go ahead and paint it green.

000_0072.jpg

Paintedpasside.jpg

2007 Dodge Daytona Charger Sublime Metalic!!! It dances in the light. Not sure on the code.

I'm not sure, but I really , really like that butterscotch color, whatever the heck the code is for it escapes me.

EL5 is the code for Butterscotch/Bahama Yellow.

FY1, Lemon Twist/Top Banana was the only "High Impact" color available (at extra cost) for the 1973 model year.

My Sport is Top Banana,the '73 Duster is Rallye Red,if I come up with another a-body it will either be sublime,or sassy grass. I'll have a traffic signal in my driveway. Dave

-
Back