high oil pressure...

-
are the rocker shafts on correctly?

A long time ago I put mine on with the oil holes facing the intake, the oil psi shot to 100 at any throttle/speed beyond idle.

just a toss in the well..

If your builder used factory clearances and stock type bearings, the Milodon pump is way overkill for it. I don't think it's a stuck relief but it's worth pulling the pan to look. You need to disonnect the centerlink and engine mounts but the pan should be able to come off in the car.

I've taken pans out by disconnecting the motor mounts, jacking up the engine, and taking the steering linkage off. You have to jack the engine up as high as you can get it to get the pan out so you also need to take off the dist. cap or it may hit the firewall and break it or the dist. Is close in there but it can be done.

Before I did that I'd go with Iggy's suggestion of trying another gauge as you may just have a bad gauge. Sometime we over analyze things and it ends up being something simple.

are the rocker shafts on correctly?

A long time ago I put mine on with the oil holes facing the intake, the oil psi shot to 100 at any throttle/speed beyond idle.

just a toss in the well..

Good point. Now you got me wondering. I've got some spare shafts at the shop and will look at them tomorrow.
What is correct?????

I thought about it while trying to go to sleep and remembered that I installed them notch down. So they should be correct.

the shafts I had were enlarged in the bolt holes for all, so the shaft would still fill with oil but the holes facing away from the exhaust cause a spike in psi.

they are bushed rockers.lol

-
Back