-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a used 9 1/2, or 8 inch converter. Don't care if it is for the early small pilot/spline, or late large pilot/spline, or combination of either. Will be running a slant six, so if the converter is from a V-8 it would need to be about 5,000 rpm stall. That would give me somewhere between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm. Trying to put together another low dollar car, using mostly parts I have on hand. Remember I'm frugal (my wife says cheap). Kind of testing the waters right now, to get an idea of priceing.

I'd have to look and see what size it is (8 or 9 in) that Dynamic built for me for a LA 904 for behind a 340. Has never been installed nor had any fluid run through it.

Either one would work for me. But being a new Dynamic, I probably can't afford it, unless you are offering a smoking deal. Let me know, but don't be insulted if I can't do it. Just trying to build a low dollar bracket car, to use up parts I have. But I will have to buy some items.
Thanks

Hey Charlie if you are coming to Hagarstown and have a good running 92/93 vintage 500/518 with the user selected OD and lockup, I'd be willing to trade for it.

Hey Charlie if you are coming to Hagarstown and have a good running 92/93 vintage 500/518 with the user selected OD and lockup, I'd be willing to trade for it.
I have a 500 and a 518, but they are both core type transmissions. They are the older style (non computer), but not sure what years. I wasn't planning on Hagerstown, and I don't have time to rebuild a trans, before then. If I had a couple more weeks, we might be able to make something work.

I'm just trying to plan ahead on my 47 build, so working on your schedule is fine. Either would work since they are non-computer controlled which is what I'm looking for. Either the lockup style? Even the spring Hagerstown next year might work for me.

I know the A-500 is lockup. I would have to dig out the 518 and check. Lets keep in touch off site, and see what works out. It will be awhile before I could do the trans, as the hurricane put me behind. even though it didn't cost me, I have a fair amount of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back