High Wind Alert! 130 mph Winds on I-70!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
75 mph gusts here in Denver and they've already clocked 126 mph gust in Summit County this morning.

CDOT is already closing roads to high profile vehicles. Be careful my trucking friends!

Holy bajeezus!!! Can't even imagine driving in that! I hope everyone stays safe out there!

the wind blew the power out in breckenridge. 131 mph gusts. down here in c/s weve already had 90 mph gusts and its suppose to get worse, about blew the duster on to its side lol

I have experianced 120 mph winds on I 70 before - I thought the car was going to fly off the road until I slowed back down to 55. LOL

Happy Holidays
Ma Snart

wow. glad i refused the run to washington this week. wouldve put us right in it.

we get crazy Santana winds here in so cal and the 15 out by Rubidoux get trailers on their sides all the time, mostly emptys, but I always give them 2 lanes as they need both of them. 130 is a bit much, eh? I had a microburst from a thundershower literally put me off the road in a telephone van, right into some bushes, but nothing was hurt 'cept the bush.

I was in it in Ft Collins, north of Denver. Had a gust move me from the right lan to the left lane, and I'm in a tanker at 79500 lbs. I just called it quits, not worth it.

Attachments

• Driver Rodeo 2009 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 75
-
Back