highest time a slant six can do?

-
All this makes me think of a guy I know trying to convince me that his fat girl was as good as my skinny girls. That makes me think if he ever tryed a skinny girl.

You forget — some guys LIKE fat girls. :)

If you're a V8 guy, you'll probably never understand. I've owned small block Mopars in all manner of vehicles all my life, and prefer slants for many reasons, NONE of which include going as fast as possible with the least amount of money. My daily drives don't include a dragstrip. To each his own.

i have run the fastest time with a slant 6!! it was in a 3100 lbs 68 dart.

18.35!! haha just kidding

pretty good for a 300K motor and a one barrel!!

I love all mopar engines(even the little turbo 2.4 from my old srt-4) But nothing puts a smile on my face or warms my heart like the slant.170-198-225 does not matter red, blue, or yellow I love them ALL.The sound,the smell,the feel,the history,adjusting the valves with the engine running even though I get covered in oil,the upsidedown oil filter that again covers me in oil...everything.

I think its the one engine you can pour blood,sweat, and tears into run a 15 second 1/4 and be completely satisfied! I love all of your guys cars they all make me=P~ Big Block small block...but if its got a slant im:love7:

I know it has nothing to do with the topic,but im in a great mood,and its my .02!

Grinder

HI:
Google "Super Six" and you will find sites that discuss converting your one barrel to a two barrel. You will need a carb, intake, exhaust, and throttle and trans linkage set up from a Volare or Aspen slant six from the mid 70' to the early 80's. It' is all pretty much a bolt on rig.
Also you will need a slightly larger exhaust pipe from the manifold.
Also check out shaving your head a bit to increase your compression.
Check it out!

-
Back