Hight Adjustment?

-

My*65*Dart

Reaction score
Service manual says to get your "A" measurement from the lowest point of adjusting blade to the floor. I'm unclear where to take this measurement? The picture in the manual isn't that good. It looks like they're going off where the lower control arm piviot bolt is? Any help would be great.

For me I get the car on dead level ground,start adjusting to the height I want and measure to the wheel lip,as long as my fenders are in the right spot.

Snake, Was just going to set it up to stock specs. If it comes down to it that's what I'll do, but I'd like to know where they're getting this measurement from just for the hell of it.

The factory method SUCKS. I usually set about an inch between the LCA bumper and the frame. Then I make each side the same between the body of the LCA and the frame rail (pick the same location on each side. Using the fender to ground has too many vairables. I will also measure from the ground to the frame instead of LCA to frame on occasion (but make sure the tires are all inflated the same).

I would avoid using the fenders, use something in the suspension or the frame. The frame bottom is easy and they should be parallel and level. Biggest issue is working the suspension to see where you are. You can bounce and bounce between adjustments to settle it in and after taking it for a drive it will still be different.......

I always use the frame rails.

-
Back