HiHowAreYa, from Oregon

-

Krash Kadillak

Reaction score
Glad to finally put up an opening thread after just viewing threads for quite a number of months.

My name's Marshall, and although I do not presently own an A-body, it could be a possibility in the future. I have an interest in Mopars in two particular areas - 1st generation Valiant and Lancer wagons; and Chrysler Town & Countrys, from about '61 on up through the RWD LeBaron versions.

I presently own a Chevy HHR, and I'm seriously thinking of selling it and getting something that would be fun..... I can't get a huge 'project' vehicle though. Whatever I get will have to be a driver and at least 70% done.

A bit of history.......
I'm 60. Grew up in West L.A. First car was a '63 Olds F-85 Cutlass purchased from the used lot at Santa Monica Ford in 1969. A few months later sold that and bought a '64 Pontiac Ventura. Sold that and got a '66 Corvair Corsa (turbo). Then......got rid of that and rode a bicycle for a while to save money.

Around 1971-72 (?) Bought a '65 Dart 270 post 2-dr coupe (225/auto, brown, brown interior, factory A/C). IIRC, this car had a Claude Short Dodge license plate frame on it (Dodge dealer in Santa Monica). Shot in the dark, but wondering if anyone maybe remembers it.....I painted the panel between the taillights black, and may have also 'blacked out' the grill......
Some time after buying it, I had the engine rebuilt (cost me a whole $750 or so....)

Had a lot of vehicles since, but from my recollection, that was my only Chrysler product. As a kid though, I did 'live' with Mopars vicariously through a buddy of mine. His family had a '60 Valiant, a '63 Valiant, and a '68 Monaco later on......

Not sure right now if this collector car thing is gonna happen. There's still a good possibility I will go off in a different direction, but we'll see.......

Marshall

Hi from the N end of Idaho -- It's a state of the mind

Howdy from Hadlyme and Tangent,...I've have gotten a fair amount of parts from the Albany area,...

Thanks for the 'Welcomes' everybody. Forum was already useful yesterday with info I was looking up on pushbutton trans adjusting.

BTW, as a profession, I've been doing auto collision damage appraisal for 30+ years, and have a collision parts Db if anyone needs some prices and part #'s. Unfortunately, it doesn't go back to the 70's stuff or earlier. (Might get lucky with something from the late 70's...)

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• B3 With Old Wheels Front View.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 60
-
Back