Hired!

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Just got back from a job interview at a local manufacturing firm building rail cars. Their biggest and most detailed client is Amtrak, the other is Houston.

The Houston line is less detail oriented, needing the less experience on the line. The platform for the cars is built in Spain and finished here. The Amtrak line is built here from the ground up, using only US sourced parts when applicable.

I've yet to find out where they want me on either line, or what I might be doing, but with my automotive experience they're figuring I can fit in anywhere, it'll be up to the foreman as to where to put me after a week's orientation and training.

As with a lot of manufacturers in the area I start as a temp and have four month's probationary period. That period may lengthen or shorten depending on a lot of factors, like the ability to learn, attendance, being able to do the work assigned, etc.

I'm gonna hit it and hit it hard as getting off probation means a better hourly wage, better bennies, more responsibility, and more opportunity to move up.

Starting wage and bennies now aren't that bad, but why rest on my laurels just to draw a paycheck? Hopefully, this can turn into something even more.

That's GREAT news Robert! I wish you the best and I'm sure they'll love having you! You'll be a great asset to them. You needed this break and I'm glad you got it! Dan

Well, Just so you don't forget the big hat you wear here, and your responsibility to outing the Swallowers.

Seriously, congrats Robert. I'm happy for you. :thumb up:

Karli, don't forget, now it's up to you to keep kicking Robert back into play.!

Outstanding news, Robert! Congratulations on the new job.
I've always had a soft spot for anything relating to railroads as my dad was an engineer for Union Pacific and my young years were always around trains.

This is some great news to see today Robert :cheers: Congratulations :hello2:

Excellent news and congrats. Your statement "I'm gonna hit it and hit it hard as getting off probation means a better hourly wage, better bennies, more responsibility, and more opportunity to move up" is awesome. You will succeed.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks to one and all.

You folks have been around now for the past four or so years, helping me when you can, encouraging me when things seemed bleak, praying for me through the most troubling of times, and crying with me when things were at their worst.

It helps to be able to share this news with my extended family and let you guys know things might be turning a corner.

It's a new opportunity and the break of a new day in my life. A job will help me stay motivated on somethings around the house, as I've been a stressed lately on making sure the finances are in order to be able to continue on with my dreams and my goals.

This will alleviate a lot of that stress and give me something to look forward to.

Already, it's helped. I've been out for the past couple of hours cleaning and organizing the sheds, something I've known needs to be done, but just haven't had the ambition to do it.

-
Back