History Buffs

-

6770Dartman

Reaction score
I was going through some old pictures today and found this gem from the 1964 New York Worlds Fair. It is a photo of the Chrysler Exhibition. I was 7 years old.

NY Worlds Fair Chrysler Pavilion.jpg

Only chrysler would do something so cool.

If my memory serves correct that was when and where the bobble head hemis were given to the first x number of visitors.

found this on line...check out the ROCKET!

BTW 6770Dartman mahalo. That is cool.

Aloha

NYWF9-64ChryslerFordSinclai.jpg

6770Dartman looking at the link picture it looks like you took your picture from the Royal Tire ferris wheel? Is that right?

Dfnsmn34, that was too many years and too many dead brain cells ago. Anyway my dad (RIP) probably tok the photo. By the way, he worked for Chrysler/Plymouth at the time.

Dfnsmn34, that was too many years and too many dead brain cells ago. Anyway my dad (RIP) probably tok the photo. By the way, he worked for Chrysler/Plymouth at the time.

Understand....BTW I wan't even born yet...Ha! Did you see the Pentastar building in the panoramic picture. That was cool!

this has lots of pics too.
http://www.nywf64.com/chrysler11.shtml

I made a couple trips to that Worlds Fair but I honestly cant remember the Chrysler building...unfortunately do remember the Ford building. They had actual Ford convertibles that you rode in for the tour.

I made a couple trips to that Worlds Fair but I honestly cant remember the Chrysler building...unfortunately do remember the Ford building. They had actual Ford convertibles that you rode in for the tour.
I remember that as well. I was hoping for a TBird convertible and up pulled a Galaxie. I was dissapointed but still had a great time and to this day have a soft spot for those Galaxie convertibles. (Maybe I shouldn't admit that on here).

-
Back